mawrTRON's Fred 104 Build log (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we killing it mawrTRON
Mostly you tho
18156221_893874280755839_7776860943404473476_o.jpg

I seriously cant stress how good his suit holds up in person though guys, its flawless, even up real close.

Killing it.

#Kellydab, you both look super cool.

I've seen that undersuit from Zentai, its very nice but very 2D......

Ha! 343 should add taunts and celebrations to the game. This right here would be part of Blue Team.
I feel like the halo community would complain its too much like destiny then. But it would be dope tho.

I seriously cant stress how good his suit holds up in person though guys, its flawless, even up real close.

Killing it.

Geez making me blush D

#Kellydab, you both look super cool.

I've seen that undersuit from Zentai, its very nice but very 2D......

I know which one you are talking about, and yeah it is definately too cartoony. My plan is to redesign the entire suit in at get a custom one printed. That way I can add all the hex, and the minor digital camo. Id still weather it by hand to ensure that it doesnt look overly cartoon.
Ill be sure to upload designs for the 405ths approval.

FYI Fred is too bulky to dab :,(

Hi all, So another update with my undersuit.

After a lot of thought and meditation I have decided that I want to get an undersuit custom printed. I feel that at the moment I feel like it the final piece of the puzzle and really add a cherry on top of my suit.
I have already designed a undersuit and deleted the areas I have already made from foam. Below is the image of what I come up with so far.
Tech Suit All sidesV2small.jpg

I am trying to track down someone who can make a template for me to send to ZentaiZentai for printing which is proving difficult.

Other news, I someone has very graciously offered to make 3D print me a DMR and it is about 40% of the way through the print at the moment. I will be updating this thread shortly when it comes time to assemble, fill and paint. So tasty DMR treats to come.
18519071_10158629314525361_279273518_o.jpg

And finally, I attended a Starlight Childrens charity event last weekend with a few other 405th members and we earned over $1600 with gold coin donations ($1 & $2 coins for all you US peeps out there). Below are a few pics for yall.
I am avoiding a proper photoshoot for now. I'd like to get my undersuit/DMR completed before I take so epic snaps. I'll post them here first as soon as that happens! whereisdanielle Sierra 107
18298534_1931655950410453_3552758455754293248_n.jpg
IMG_2698.JPG

20170507_095614[1].jpg

Well that last picture isn't creepy at all :p.
Even if it's not a proper photoshoot, the shots still look quite amazing.
like their legs were blown off

Haha you guys are funny. I guess it is a tad creepy

:eek::eek::eek:

Well ain't that pleasant?

Looks fabulous! UNDERSUIT TIME!!:D Can't wait!

I might have to buy one of those undersuits for my 3D printed MC. Would really make the suit come to life!

I think Zentai Zentai upload all the suits they print for public consuption. The only thing is youd need to change the green colour to what ever chiefs colour is.
Theres a few others with their eyes on this undersuit design also

Hi all quick update.

I have officially attended my first con and the suit has held up well (Although incomplete). Pics below.
FB_IMG_1497780026041.jpg
IMG_20170619_060714_344.jpg

For the undersuit I have gunhead designing the templates for me as we speak.

As there is a bit of a wait for this to get set up and printed so i will focus on the DMR for the time being. Brace yourself for DMR posts.

Below is a pic of all the pieces layout end to end. I have started assembly now I will be posting updates in the next few days.

IMG_20170615_101311_996.jpg

Does anyone know any pro tips to smooth PLA print. I was going to try to brush on thin coats of acetone in combination of bondo and sandpaper.
Never done this before so any help will be most appreciated!

Stay tuned for more 3D printing junk!

Hi all quick update.

I have officially attended my first con and the suit has held up well (Although incomplete). Pics below.
View attachment 245701 View attachment 245702

For the undersuit I have gunhead designing the templates for me as we speak.

As there is a bit of a wait for this to get set up and printed so i will focus on the DMR for the time being. Brace yourself for DMR posts.

Below is a pic of all the pieces layout end to end. I have started assembly now I will be posting updates in the next few days.

View attachment 245703

Does anyone know any pro tips to smooth PLA print. I was going to try to brush on thin coats of acetone in combination of bondo and sandpaper.
Never done this before so any help will be most appreciated!

Stay tuned for more 3D printing junk!
Acetone does not have a chemical reaction with PLA. Acetone only works with ABS, but what you can do (and what I prefer to do) is apply bondo to the seams (after gluing) and sand it with some 120 grit sandpaper for a while. You won't be able to remove all of the build lines with sanding alone, so apply some spot putty all over the part and sand with 220 grit.

Add/sand as necessary until you are pleased. :)

Acetone does not have a chemical reaction with PLA. Acetone only works with ABS, but what you can do (and what I prefer to do) is apply bondo to the seams (after gluing) and sand it with some 120 grit sandpaper for a while. You won't be able to remove all of the build lines with sanding alone, so apply some spot putty all over the part and sand with 220 grit.

Add/sand as necessary until you are pleased. :)

Thanks for the tips, I have all those ingredients at home including 'Filler Primer' which will hopefully help a bit.

Any experience with 'Ethyl Acetate' ? A few people online have being talking about it?

Dam @mawrTRON, everything looks FANTASTIC!!!! I hope you don't mind if I steal some detail items I missed on my own suit.......I have to go back through your whole thread and look for items I missed........Odd question......Is your name Sam?

Thanks for the tips, I have all those ingredients at home including 'Filler Primer' which will hopefully help a bit.

Any experience with 'Ethyl Acetate' ? A few people online have being talking about it?
No, I have not tried Ethyl Acetate...I've never heard of it, but upon researching, it seems do-able. What I've found is that Tetrahydrofuran might be a better option. It seems to do a better job smoothing, but is still very toxic, if not more so. Both Tetrahydrofuran and Ethyl Acetate are very toxic, so you'll want some serious safety gear. You will still want to smooth the part with spot putty afterwards (along with sanding) to achieve a more perfect result, especially if you are using layer heights more than 0.2mm.

Anyway, good luck and let me know how it goes!

I also gotta say it's like you took the suit right out of the game it's SO MIND BLOWINGLY ACCURATE!! Even the way the colour changes a bit from when your inside and outside is incredible, just like in the game. I tip my helmet to you sir, you encourage me to put even MORE detail to my builds, looking forward to the completed DMR!

Also it's great listening to you 3D printer nerds talk about your stuff while I stand in the back nodding my head like "yes, mhmm, indeed, i agree, very interesting, totally get it, yes."

Dam @mawrTRON, everything looks FANTASTIC!!!! I hope you don't mind if I steal some detail items I missed on my own suit.......I have to go back through your whole thread and look for items I missed........Odd question......Is your name Sam?
Sam I am

No, I have not tried Ethyl Acetate...I've never heard of it, but upon researching, it seems do-able. What I've found is that Tetrahydrofuran might be a better option. It seems to do a better job smoothing, but is still very toxic, if not more so. Both Tetrahydrofuran and Ethyl Acetate are very toxic, so you'll want some serious safety gear. You will still want to smooth the part with spot putty afterwards (along with sanding) to achieve a more perfect result, especially if you are using layer heights more than 0.2mm.

Anyway, good luck and let me know how it goes!

Will be posting pics here. It interesting that Ethyl Acetate is used in Acetone Free Nail Polish Remover. I do not envy anyone who paints their nails.

I also gotta say it's like you took the suit right out of the game it's SO MIND BLOWINGLY ACCURATE!! Even the way the colour changes a bit from when your inside and outside is incredible, just like in the game. I tip my helmet to you sir, you encourage me to put even MORE detail to my builds, looking forward to the completed DMR!

Also it's great listening to you 3D printer nerds talk about your stuff while I stand in the back nodding my head like "yes, mhmm, indeed, i agree, very interesting, totally get it, yes."

Thanks for the feedback! Im glad I could encourage you somewhat.

Will be working solidly on the DMR tonight (although I may have just been roped into playing Halo Reach) so pics to come soon.

I know everyone likes pictures so here is a pic of myself and whereisdanielle on TV yesterday.
Screenshot_20170620-131342.png

That's funny. His name is Sam too. And you're both doing Fred suits. What are the odds?

In that picture at the top of this page... You're missing 2 and 3. But, you've got 1, 4, 5 and Reach and that's pretty cool. The next con you're at you should try to gather the whole game series together. :)

That's funny. His name is Sam too. And you're both doing Fred suits. What are the odds?

In that picture at the top of this page... You're missing 2 and 3. But, you've got 1, 4, 5 and Reach and that's pretty cool. The next con you're at you should try to gather the whole game series together. :)

Yeah, Sam is a popular name all right.

The pictures are trickling through at the moment. Here are a few more. I think the printed undersuit/BR will really take Fred to the next level.

Another Pic From the con
19225609_683578025162571_3953541862618262958_n.jpg

Attachments

• 19243251_1331576863544996_3223668811383546310_o.jpg
    19243251_1331576863544996_3223668811383546310_o.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 412
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back