Project Mini Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad ass build. he is gonna have an awesome time in that. I tried the foam way I just don't have the minds eye to make it happen lol.
I wouldn't have the patience to do a pep build. I have lots of respect for everyone who does the pep, then the resin and fibreglass. Not to mention all the bondo and sanding. Would drive me batty.

Haha I feel the same way about foam builders. I see some builds that have 100 times the detail of mine and don't have to worry about cracking if you sit or lean on it to hard.

the one good thing about foaming is, stuff is easily repaired. And if it cracks.....a quick paint job and its good as new. Great job on the build PaiganBoi!!! Top shelf!!

may i just say .........wow
aaaaaaaaaaand the father of the year award goes toooo ...........
i can only imagine how happy this would make your son, i'm happy just seeing it
it looks awesome

may i just say .........wow
aaaaaaaaaaand the father of the year award goes toooo ...........
i can only imagine how happy this would make your son, i'm happy just seeing it
it looks awesome
Thank you. That was a lot of 'likes' that I opened up to. Yup, my boy is plenty excited. I had him test fit the helmet and chest earlier today and he was running around like a madman.

Reactions: Jme
Thank you. That was a lot of 'likes' that I opened up to. Yup, my boy is plenty excited. I had him test fit the helmet and chest earlier today and he was running around like a madman.
sorry for that :oops: (i'll dial it down XD ) i just absolutely love this , "mini" cosplayers are the best thing in any kind of con , no matter how shy they're ,they walk so proud
it brings back the best of memories
the little guy is lucky

Got a little bit of work done today. Started to add some of the details that are missing from these templates. Started to fill in some of the gaps as well. Also testing an idea that I saw on Spartan55 's build with using flip flops for the boots.
20171009_213221.jpg
20171009_213139.jpg
20171009_213255.jpg

PaiganBoi coming out great!!!! I agree, Father of the year award is a sure lock! Now you just need a toilet plunger to finish the shoes.......Jme knows about that one.

PaiganBoi coming out great!!!! I agree, Father of the year award is a sure lock! Now you just need a toilet plunger to finish the shoes.......Jme knows about that one.
Thanks man!
Dirtdives and Aya, I don't know about being father of the year. The build is a bit of a pain in the butt. My son sure does enjoy it and is excited. Next on his wishlist is a weapon to go with his armour.
Hmmmmmm.... Jme needs to fill me in on this toilet plunger story....

Last edited:
Got a little bit of work done today. Started to add some of the details that are missing from these templates. Started to fill in some of the gaps as well. Also testing an idea that I saw on Spartan55 's build with using flip flops for the boots.
View attachment 250161 View attachment 250162 View attachment 250163
This build is so cool
Also yeah flip flops aren't so great I found them to squishy so I ended up buy a pair of flatform? Platform ? idk they were women's shoes with super thick soles. I cut the soles off and attached them with screws

This build is so cool
Also yeah flip flops aren't so great I found them to squishy so I ended up buy a pair of flatform? Platform ? idk they were women's shoes with super thick soles. I cut the soles off and attached them with screws
The flip flops I got were from Old Navy. They are quite stiff and not squishy. Will see how they turn out and let you know.

Thanks man!
Dirtdives and Aya, I don't know about being father of the year. The build is a bit of a pain in the butt. My son sure does enjoy it and is excited. Next on his wishlist is a weapon to go with his armour.
Hmmmmmm.... Jme needs to fill me in on this toilet plunger story....
I love the use of the craft foam for the thrusters.

As for the plungers...Jme's H3 MKVI Foam build

It starts at post 140

Little bit of an update (sorry no pics this time)
I have been going over all the parts and adding some details with craft foam. At the same time I am doing some gap filling.
I am hoping by Sunday all will be ready and the weather is good. I can start sealing the foam.

Can't wait to see it
Side not I showed a picture of your build to a friend (she's also a cosplayer just not armour)and she said poor kid. I asked her why and she said image how hard that would be to wear. (She had only seen and felt the wight of my armour) :lol:
So can you put some proof up on how much your kid likes it.

Can't wait to see it
Side not I showed a picture of your build to a friend (she's also a cosplayer just not armour)and she said poor kid. I asked her why and she said image how hard that would be to wear. (She had only seen and felt the wight of my armour) :lol:
So can you put some proof up on how much your kid likes it.
I have to do a full test fit anyways. I'll be sure to post some pics. :D

Here it is a full armour test fit. :D
Don't mind the sunglass sticker. My son had an allergic reaction to who knows what and has a puffy eye as a result. Didn't want people to see that. :p
20171014_202911.jpg
20171014_202226.jpg
20171014_202125.jpg

Looks great. Not pick apart your work :-( (sorry) just seems on the helmet the jaw could angle up a bit more. Like the top of the jaw piece should bout level with his nose. Regardless your foam work is phenomenal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back