Sutekhian's Meta build, WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is lookign awesome man, keep up the fantastic work and really can't wait to see some more progress =D
btw i really like the paint job =D

@Boba and Swift: Yeah I may not do the sniper as it looks a little ahead of me tbh, but I may try. Hope the tip works out for you Swift, takes a little getting used to but looks good done.

@Road Kill Thanks very much, I was kinda nervous about the white but when I saw it on the forearm I was definitely smitten and it made me want to stick with it!

Haven't got much progress this week due to spending the last couple days wrapped up in bed but I started sanding forearm number 2 and got one side done, the other needed a second fine coat of Bondo. I smoothed off the Ab-plate and finished hardening the left shoulder.
Also, the blade of Frostmourne is mostly done...

Photo-1343.jpg

Photo-1344.jpg

Photo-1345.jpg

This thread makes me giddy with joy. :p Wonderful as always!

Thanks Boba! Really hope I manage to make this thing work and live up to expectations lol

Hardened the cod and tried to slide it on, looks like I'll have to split it up and make a belt as my armour had to remind me of my huge bum ;)

Photo-1348.jpg

Bonus though, after hardening one thigh I gave it a go before smoothing and trimming to fit. The new one, even un-trimmed, fit better than the last set and I reckon when it's trimmed, foam-lined and the inner sections are foam instead of card/rondo that it'll be awesomely comfy!

Photo-1350.jpg

And I cut the supports off my left shoulder, again it's a much nicer fit than the last one! Can get my arm through without gashing my elbow to pieces thankfully.

Photo-1346.jpg

Ohhh gods yeassss!!!! Major inspiration to finish this build... Season 9 RvB is a prequel with even more Meta-luvvin! Nice to find out why he just growls :D

Here's a pic of the suit so far:

Photo-1353.jpg

Helmet: Ready to mould.
MkVI Chest: Hardened, bondoed, sanding underway
Ab-plate: Hardened and 99% sanded
EVA chest add-on: Pepped, hardened and bondoed.
Base Shoulders: Left pepped and hardened, Right un-pepped
Right EVA shoulder: Hardened, bondoed and mostly sanded
Left CQB shoulder: hardened, bondoed, sanded, needs detailing.
Forearms: Both pepped, hardened, sanded and pretty much ready
Handplate, pepped, hardened, ready to mould.
Cod: Hardened, semi-bondoed.
Thighs: Both pepped and hardened, awaiting bondo/sanding
Shin: Pepped, hardened, bondoed, mostly sanded, awaiting final sanding and moulding to duplicate.

Ab-plate all smooth and purty:

Photo-1354.jpg

Right forearm, sanded and ready:

Photo-1355.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Im going to watch that Trailer for EVER! nice work buddy :)

Me too! Loved Tex's sarky reply to the ATC guy, and will be eagerly awaiting seeing the unfolding backstory for mah boi!

Got the master shin finally smoothed off today, threw a very light coat of primer on to have a look at it in white, pretty happy. Still needing some dremel works at the edges/corners, and I want to add the wee clasp details at the back, but nearly there:

Photo-1364.jpg

Photo-1365.jpg

The right forearm got itself a coat of "Vauxhall Polar White" today followed by filling in the black detail by hand and some light silvering for wear marks. The wear doesn't show well against the white on photos from any distance, and it is fairly light as the Meta in series doesn't look that badly bashed. In-person and a bit more up close it's somewhat more noticeable ;)

Photo-1362.jpg

Photo-1363.jpg

The Helm primered white actually looks pretty evil already ;)

Photo-1361.jpg

Any opinions/feedback?

Wow man. Your build is looking really good. The Meta has to be my favorite rvb character. Your armor looks awesome so far!

@Bryce: Thanks, the sneaky technique of not folding half the folds and a very thin layer of smooth bondo then sanding repeatedly seems to be paying off!

@ODST479 Thanks very much :D Sarge was my fave character back in the day, but then the Meta came along and well that big ole gold head of his stole my heart ;)

Ok, I officially hate the wind even more today...

Usually I go out to spray a part, find the weather is nice and still, setup my spraying stuff and boom the wind starts just enough to make the spraying waste loads of paint and such...

Today I setup my shin for a nice even coat of primer, sprayed it as the wind started to gust a tinybit, just annoying. Put down the can then there was a huge gust and my shin went flying off the bin, straight to the ground and shattered one side of the heel.

Fingers crossed that I can repair it!

Photo-1369.jpg

meh, doesn't look too bad. You shouldn't have any trouble. But I agree, that kind of thing gets REALLY annoying...

Wow! Nice work Sutekhian!
Excellent pepping, and bondo'ing.
I especially like your idea on the forearm at keeping the round parts round, with as little bondo as possible.
Sorry to see the accident with the shin, but yes its fixable... I'd call it battle damage.

Can't wait to see more reports!

Keep up the fantastic work!

@Boba well it's in my airing cupboard with a load of putty and araldite in it to try and get the shape back, when that's dry hopefully I can dremel it smooth again :)

@Longshot Thanks very much! I've been trying to apply that idea to all the parts I've been pepping so far, it's certainly made the bondo stage easier. That and I swapped to an "Ultra-fine" version that is really easy to sand ;)

Irony: seeing a Meta build after playing with a guy named Agent Washingtn on xbox Live. >___>

Anyway, I love rvb, and the Meta is one of the best villains in that series. XD I can't wait to see more!

Lo Roxy, nice bit of a coincidence there lol. Ohh definitely, when I saw him I decided he had to be my next build after the Sarge. He's going to be a rather intimidating chap to act as ;)

Geoat2t keep an eye on the thread, when I complete my helm build I'll host the file for people to try. it's a 255 part monster of a thing to make btw.

Thankfully some good news today, my makeshift araldite and putty repairs seem to have worked, the putty hasn't set properly so it's slightly rough still, I plan to mould the shin to make two identical ones so I'll sort the roughness on the duplicates.

Photo-1370.jpg

Photo-1371.jpg

Awesome trailer! I was about to wonder what was happening with those guys D= but that is looking very promising!!

Great build, too! Looking very smooth and clean :)

Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back