The Traveling Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should add to the list the state where each person lives.
So you just organize to which state it goes first then they just send it to each other in that state and then they just send it to the second state.

Also you should add the 405th logo to the helm in one side of the chin and in the other you should add the bungie emblem.

I bet this is the best present bungie will ever get :)

First I agree with colinmon22 each person that recieves the helmet and put's thier signature on the helmet please take a picture if you can. MilkyVengance that would work if the Canadian memebers themselves wish to do that.Alex I was thining about doing that to the helmet with my airbrushing kit or decals not sure if I will do it or not, hopefully we may have a donater of the MC Helmet otherwise I am currently cutting out the pepakura helmet if someone does decide to donate a raw MC helmet to this I will give you a sealed Halo Legends DVD as a thank you, Leda thanks for sharing the shipping info. As for everyone who has chimed in thank you for being a part of this.

Ohio all the way (actually I'm in germany right now, i'll be in ohio in a week, quick vacation to california two days later)

I would LOVE to be a part of this! Is there going to be some kind of calling tree so that the person receiving will know once its been shipped out or... ?

I agree with Alex about the whole putting the states next to our names so we can ship them out whoever lives closest to which state so shipping won't get more expensive as we ship farther and farther...

Thanks Alex, I'll send Thor a message on eBay letting him know what we are doing, right now I can't afford that high of a cost so I am still working on the pep helmet building it and I should be done with the pep and resin stage this coming week, I'll continue working on the pep helmet until another option opens up, I'm known to never give up.

If this bad boy can ship to Canada, I would be more then glad to sign it and ship it out to the next member.

Really great idea Nintendude. Thanks for posting it!

just a thought- if you can't find a donator and are going to go with pep, why not make it a full 1:1 scale? Sure it's huge, but it can hold more signatures, and its not like we're doing this to be part of a costume, right? I'm in California btw.

What if it went through all American members and then only went across the border twice. Once to get here, where it would be sent to all Canadian members interested. And the second time back to bungie, or whoever. It should be also organized that it goes in an efficient pattern going between the closest members, instead of it going all the way across the continent and then back just for 2 members, wasting both money and gas.

Another option to cut down on customs is to have a member drive it across the border, but that's just an idea.

Colinmon22 I had thought about that but since I have the helmet at 300mm high and half way cut out it's too late for me to go back to the beginning. Devious that does sound more like a plan to me in that case I will add the Canadian members names to the list and after it goes to all of the American members, the last American member can either send it back to me for me to send it to Canada or send it to MilkyVengance which then it will go to through the Canadian members with Xtremetactics101 signing it last which he will send it back to me which I will be putting a card into the package and sending it to Bungie.

This is a pretty cool idea... One of my friend's dad works at Bungie, I can try to help get info of the best place to send it, and stuff like that.

Hey, I was thinking of getting a small get-together in Orlanso so when I get the helmet, you guys can just come to the get together and sign the helmet and save yourseld 20 dollars of shippig :p

If anybody wants to do this just send me a comment in my profile

I can try the same thing around where I live. I live close to the AL/GA line so it won't be much for me to meet up with a couple of members and we all sign it. i need members from AL and Georgia to give me some info so I can coodinate a place thats about a halfway meeting point. everyone who meets up will split shipping to the next member. we also need to figure out who it will be shipped to in the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back