Tutorial: How to use Pepakura to make your Mjolnir Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ral Partha said:
Seriously, you should try reading all the posts in this thread as well as the other stickies in this section. If you don't have the patience to read all of them, then pepakura is not for you. By your own admission, you're not good at connecting things. Unfortunately, pepakura is all about connecting pieces: connect side with #1 to another side with #1, etc. That's the nature of the beast: assembling one armor piece will take many hours, if not days, of connecting cut-out little pieces together. If I sound mean-spirited, I apologize in advance because that's not my intent. I don't want you to have an impression that pepakura will instantly give you commercial-quality armor and on the cheap.

Check out Spase's blog to see his work in transforming a pepakura helmet to an awesome -looking one.

ok im gonna try to do it but can you just make some thing clear to me is there more than just one #1 and more than one #2????

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, can anyone please tell me what i should use to assemble the MC pepakura helmet: glue, spray adhesive, tape? or what? :oops: help pl0x0r!!!

bballdude117 said:
is there more than just one #1 and more than one #2????
There's only 1 pair of any number. That way, there's no way you can mistakenly glue different-numbered sides together. Try putting this together. It's a simple file to work on. You can print it on regular printer paper for practice. If you can do this, they you can do the rest of the armor.

gerberbaby57 said:
Hi, can anyone please tell me what i should use to assemble the MC pepakura helmet: glue, spray adhesive, tape? or what? :oops: help pl0x0r!!
Read this thread.

Seriously, read those threads with the word "Pinned" in front of them before attempting to work on the armor..

when youve finished making the paper version of the MC helm..before resining/fibre glassing or whatever, can i use "Great Stuff" (which is a filler) to make like a copy of the helmet? it will be harder, im guessing, and easier to resin and fiberglass, correct? can i get some feedback or something, really need help here people!!!please help! and im also guessing, that with it being made out of the filler it has less chances of breaking or falling apart. please and thank you.

ANYONE THAT CAN HELP PLEASE HELP!!!!

so how to make it like your size????? becose i think my printer isnt that big like for the backpack and chest ? you can write here or send me a message ok? i need real help

SpartanNoob said:
so is there a halo 3 amrmor?
Yes. Robogenisis has the entire beta Mark VI armor pieces here.

SpartanNoob said:
so how to make it like your size?????
Read the thread below:

The Official Pepakura Scaling Thread

SpartanNoob said:
becose i think my printer isnt that big like for the backpack and chest ?
The armor pieces are cut up into smaller pieces so that they will fit in a regular-sized paper, like A4 or letter.

:rolleyes Hi I'm from México and I hope you understand if I commit an error writing this.
I'm trying to do the armor with pepakura, but i have a small problem, when i open the program, i can open a .pdo file and I want to print on A4 paper (the original size of this .pdo files) but when i go to Print Preview it appears a text saying: "the size of paper specified by Pepakura Designer is not same as printer settings adjust scale?, then i go to print and paper configuration and appears the A4 size as default. i have to adjust scale?

redleader said:
:rolleyes Hi I'm from México and I hope you understand if I commit an error writing this.
I'm trying to do the armor with pepakura, but i have a small problem, when i open the program, i can open a .pdo file and I want to print on A4 paper (the original size of this .pdo files) but when i go to Print Preview it appears a text saying: "the size of paper specified by Pepakura Designer is not same as printer settings adjust scale?, then i go to print and paper configuration and appears the A4 size as default.
PepDes will ask that when it sees that one or more of the patterns goes past the margins. Go to Print and Paper Configuration and check the value in the Set Margins box. I always use the smallest possible value (5).

redleader said:
i have to adjust scale?
NO! Answering "Yes" to this question will screw up the scaling that you have selected initially.

ummmm....my edge id numbers wont print, but there in the print preview......can i change the color of the edge numbers............i have run out of black ink and only hace a color cartrege :mad:

hi i need help is there any other program i can use other then pepakura cuz i have a mac not a freakin pc to run the dang program

wow, this is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :not worthy:

the only question I have is.......What do you do for the glueing part?? I get the
inside and outside fold but....i am still a little confused on the glueing and number thing. Please reply!!! ty (y)

infinity spartan said:
hi i need help is there any other program i can use other then pepakura cuz i have a mac not a freakin pc to run the dang program
Not that i know of :( sorry try asking people like.......Aofrost or any other veterans.

so quick question when we print and all that do you just like make it out of the paper we printed on or do we transfer it to some thing else?

Software is free to use, also, use cardstock, cardstock is strong but thin, it works well with folding with all these tight corners and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back