vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay the helmet returns! lol
was wondering how long it would take for you to make it white again :p
Cant wait to see it with the rest of your armor. keep going buddy.

Yay the helmet returns! lol
was wondering how long it would take for you to make it white again :p
Cant wait to see it with the rest of your armor. keep going buddy.

Thanks M. We're getting there. I did make progress on the biceps, but i didn't get them done. Real work had to take priority. Getting close though. :D

Finally got the biceps built. I made up some plastic mounting plates so that the CQB shoulders could be removed to add leds and also be able to change out the batteries. I may end up cutting some of the back side out where the attachment sits on the bicep to make this easier as well.

IMG_20140522_082928_926%255B1%255D.jpg

IMG_20140522_083128_312%255B1%255D.jpg

IMG_20140522_083003_079%255B1%255D.jpg

IMG_20140522_083045_389%255B1%255D.jpg

I removed the shoulders and have since started spraying the biceps with plasti-dip. Hope to have them painted and detailed soon, then onto the forearms! As always, thanks for looking and commenting. :D

For a foam build this is a great suit! I home I can make my next one just as good as yours. Im really jealous.

VShore,
Those curved plates and the offsets look great. If you can get black oxide screws or even allen head screws in black oxide, they'll be less flashy and less 2014 than the bright plated phillips head screws. If they're getting Plasti-Dipped anyway, then forget I was ever here.

Redshirt

very awesome looking buddy :)
keep up the great work!
Thanks dude!
For a foam build this is a great suit! I home I can make my next one just as good as yours. Im really jealous.
you+can+do+it.jpg

Thanks alot! :D
VShore,
Those curved plates and the offsets look great. If you can get black oxide screws or even allen head screws in black oxide, they'll be less flashy and less 2014 than the bright plated phillips head screws. If they're getting Plasti-Dipped anyway, then forget I was ever here.

Redshirt
Lol, thanks Red. Yeah, the screws have been sprayed black to match the rest of them on the suit. I agree, that shiny zinc plating doesn't go well with a war hardened spartan suit of armor.

I have the biceps at home drying from being given the black and white treatment. I need to do the newspaper rub, add the screw details, and do some silver dry brushing and they'll be done! I'll get pics up once they're finished. Thanks again! :D

Biceps are done!

IMG_20140602_195519_115.jpg

IMG_20140602_195837_484.jpg

The screws look much better black with a little silver brush on them. As Redshirt said...not so 2014, lol.
IMG_20140603_143851_847.jpg

IMG_20140603_143911_818.jpg

Forearms are all that's left to build. Led's, strapping, and final touches after that! :D

Such awesome work! Can't wait to see the final product! I need to retouch a lot on my armor. Patience is key.

Such awesome work! Can't wait to see the final product! I need to retouch a lot on my armor. Patience is key.
Thanks edd! I can hardly wait to see it myself! You're right, patience is a key factor in making armor. Lol, I guess I have some, I've been at the CQB for over three years now. Best of luck with the reworking of your armor. :D

Lookin good vshore!

I'm still not sold on EVA yet, but you definitely have a talent with it. Keep it up :D

Lookin good vshore!

I'm still not sold on EVA yet, but you definitely have a talent with it. Keep it up :D
Thanks Rev! I really appreciate that! :)

This is looking legit. CQB has always been one of my favorite halo 3 armors.

Thanks avery. The CQB is one of my favorite H3 armors as well. It was also one of the least but armor variants, which is why I went the route I did. :D

Just read this through. This is probably one of the best builds i have seen! I love what you did with the boots to sub for the plunger head. how flexible is the boot and what does the bottom of the boots look like?

Just read this through. This is probably one of the best builds i have seen! I love what you did with the boots to sub for the plunger head. how flexible is the boot and what does the bottom of the boots look like?
That's really cool of you to say! The boots are quite flexible. I didn't glue the back part of the seal completely around, so when the boot flexes, the rear portion of the seal actually has enough clearance to flex inside the boot. The bottom of the boot has the pattern of the eva foam on it, kinda like carbon fiber weave, I guess you could say. :D

That's really cool of you to say! The boots are quite flexible. I didn't glue the back part of the seal completely around, so when the boot flexes, the rear portion of the seal actually has enough clearance to flex inside the boot. The bottom of the boot has the pattern of the eva foam on it, kinda like carbon fiber weave, I guess you could say. :D
thats a cool idea for the boots and i see very few light color builds. im trying to find a picture of the bottom of the boots from h3 so i can make them look the same. i might try that on my boots once i get the money to start. :D

thats a cool idea for the boots and i see very few light color builds. im trying to find a picture of the bottom of the boots from h3 so i can make them look the same. i might try that on my boots once i get the money to start. :D
Thanks again. I have this pic for you if it helps.
24392993-Full.jpg

Honestly bud, I can't remember. If you pm me your email, I'll send you what I have.

Actually, it would be really great if you could post all these pics in the Reach reference pic thread:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/28023-Official-Halo-Reach-Reference-Thread-*Pic-Heavy-Spoilers*

I would greatly appreciate it since the crotch shot above is definitely one I don't already have and it would be great to see what other references I don't already have.

Well, I'm assuming that picture is from Halo Reach....
I could be wrong.

I'm sure there might be a reference pic thread for whatever game it is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back