WIP Jetpack - 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is one of the big ones alot of people have been wanting and waiting for so I'm sure you are loved by many on this board! Can't wait to see the final product and the unfold.

if you keep this rate up we will have every piece of reach armor and other reach stuff in no time at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
awesome work, can't wait to pep this beast

OOOOHHHHHH!!!!!! SHINY! :D haha (50 pts to those who get it)

I think there might actually be an armour part that I wont be ADD when picking my final design... hahaha :) Can't wait for the Pep!

Cheers for all the comments, guys. Much appreciated. :)

Quick question, though - does anyone have, or could anyone grab a screenshot or two detailing the mechanism that opens the 'pods' on the side? I'm sure I could create something reasonably accurate from the (very helpful) images thread I linked to in the first post, but I'd like to make sure I was making it as accurate as possible to the original design. Cheers!

Cheers for all the comments, guys. Much appreciated. :)

Quick question, though - does anyone have, or could anyone grab a screenshot or two detailing the mechanism that opens the 'pods' on the side? I'm sure I could create something reasonably accurate from the (very helpful) images thread I linked to in the first post, but I'd like to make sure I was making it as accurate as possible to the original design. Cheers!

Could you make a box around where you are talking about in one of the thread images and I'll go into Forge and take a few snapshots.

This is perfect. The angles and planes of this particular piece of UNSC property are well suited to the semi-rigid properties of foam. I was actually going to scratchbuild one just for giggles, but I decided not to because I don't own a suit of armor to use as reference. Now I come in here and see THIS!!!!OOOooo

It's about time someone got on a beast like this. Great work so far, very promising. I think a pepfile would lend itself to the traditional way of creating this bad boy as well as providing templates for cutting foam components. I think you're gonna make ALOT of people happy with this project.

One thing escapes me though, and it's the 'thing' that led me to ruin...how would you have the jetpack component interface with the backplate on the armor. Will it be annex clips ,Velcro, magnets? Would it have to match up with a particular version of a back armor pepfile? Will it only match up with Reach Mk. V?

Dude I'm having flashbacks!!! GAAAHHHAHHAH!!! :-O

When it's unfolded and after it's built you could get hooks to put on the part of the backpack that attaches to the back armor. Put small holes in the back armor to put the hooks on so when you put the jetpack on the back armor it will sit on the back comfortably. If need be I'll have a artist friend of mine make a drawing of how to do it, or just ask the Snowtrooper people how they attach their back piece excellent person to ask Tubachris.

Could you make a box around where you are talking about in one of the thread images and I'll go into Forge and take a few snapshots.

aah you're the man! This is the part I was talking about,

jetpackinnards.jpg

Seems to be a wee articulated arm holding the pod on, can't see exactly what it looks like, though and how the Actual jet exhaust is mounted underneath the pod.

Attachments

• jetpackinnards.jpg
    jetpackinnards.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 283
Here's a bunch of shots I took in the Beta, I don't think anything's changed on the final Retail version.

(Click the thumbnail to visit the whole gallery)

th_reach_1502439_FullJETPACK.jpg

Also I'll move this into the 3d Modeling subforum for you.

Attachments

• th_reach_1502439_FullJETPACK.jpg
    th_reach_1502439_FullJETPACK.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 274
I got some pics for you as well...
e4ae4039.jpg

414225f1.jpg

713a08ee.jpg
d474eeb2.jpg

I also have some detailed sketches with direction of travel indicators. But out of respect, I'll post them only if you ask.

Plus, I'm curious to see what your take on the deployment of these jet pods will be. Keep up the good work brother.

Attachments

• d474eeb2.jpg
    d474eeb2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 261
  • 713a08ee.jpg
    713a08ee.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 293
  • 414225f1.jpg
    414225f1.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 258
  • e4ae4039.jpg
    e4ae4039.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 279
I also have some detailed sketches with direction of travel indicators. But out of respect, I'll post them only if you ask.

Plus, I'm curious to see what your take on the deployment of these jet pods will be. Keep up the good work brother.

Cheers, buddy - they're super-helpful, too. Yeah I've got some ideas about how they'll deploy. Great thing about working in 3D like this is that you can set all of this up precisely if you know what you're doing (I wish I did :p) Of course, They're just my ideas, different people will probably want different things from the final product, and I reckon will also have different ideas about how to deploy the pods. I would like to get an idea about how people plan on doing that, though (assuming they do plan on doing that) 'cause if there's anything additional to particular designs that would be beneficial to work into this initial model, then I'm more than happy to do that. For example mounting tabs or. . .anything, really.

if that made any sense. :s

I have an idea on how to do it if you have the pods closed so when a button is pushed it will spring those out getting thema back in would have to be done manually I'll talk to a friend of mine about it he does a lot of mechanic engineering.

Nice one. I've literally no engineering experience, so I'll hold of those areas of the modelling, until we've got a solid concept(s) for this, then see if I can work it into the design! this going to be pretty complex, but Awesome if it gets built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back