WIP Jetpack - 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
i concur with every one else an early release would be awesome. the problem areas that u mentioned can be easily fixed with some well placed super glue

Hi guys, sorry I've not been on in a while - been a bit ill. Don't think all the snow we've been having here has been good for my health, haha. I feel pretty bad for not being here to provide support for this model though :(

Anyhoo - back to business. I'll have a look at those problem areas asap. Cheers to Ral Partha for taking the time to point them out.

I think the big pillar in the middle of the jepack that you mentioned forms part of the internal support structure for mounting the arms. if you'll scroll back to my wireframes you'll see the internal support forms a big cross so that it would be attached to the top of the pack and the bottom. and provide a solid base for the arms out to the sides, and add a bit of rigidity to the structure. hope that clears up at least one of the issues.

I'll get on everything else asap, so bear with me on this one, folks - on holiday from work at the moment, which means (oddly) less time for all this stuff. . .

Nintendude, I reckon you'd be as well just releasing the current pep for this just now. Call it a beta or something, haha. I'm going to make sure I take my time to do a proper job of cleaning this model up, as I've already taken far too long to release the model, I want the next update on it to be done. ;)

Now this is pretty cool. I will definately like to have this model once it's finished! :)

After this do you think you could model some armor lock? LOL kidding, kidding. haha

_____________________________________________________________________________________
v0bo.gifoGeW.gifkXm2.gifk6eT.gif

Attachments

• v0bo.gif
    v0bo.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 225
  • oGeW.gif
    oGeW.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 222
  • kXm2.gif
    kXm2.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 242
  • k6eT.gif
    k6eT.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 223
Nintendude is gone......................... now what, someone needz to unfoldz it....
and im only good at modeling. , but i cant model things from halo cuz i cant export 3d models.

If I understand it right, some sort of drama really got to him and he decided there is too much of it here these days. We do seem to have a ton of bs going on lately....

EDIT- GOOD NEWS!

I just received a copy of Nintendudes work on the jetpack. Its about 80% finished. I am learning.... give me a bit of time to study what he has done here and attempt to finish it in a similar style to his own.

I WILL return to this thread once I have any further news. I want this as bad as you all do!

Be patient with me...

Ok... I picked where he left off and finished the unfold only to see that it is set to be only 356mm tall when assembled, lol. If anyone knows how tall this thing is supposed to be, let me know and I will be able to make it work after trimming down the big pieces.

i measured it out on me based on a picture and it looks to be 2 feet tall (609.6mm). i'm six foot 1 in though.if you want to measureit on yourself from the pics it looks like it goes from halfway down your back to about halfway up your head.

ok cool. I was afraid it was going to be more like 3 feet, lol. Its at 20-sh pages now, this will add several more. Ill go ahead and try to scale it, then Ill jump back into it again. Unfolding is surprisingly easy, you just have to pay a lot of attention to detail. Hopefully it wont be much longer, just need a few hours of free time. Ill have it done for us soon.

Try checking it at a 1.00 scale. I looked at unfolding it, and that scale puts it at approximately the same size as an average torso unfold height.

-Matt

ok, I am scaling it so that it should print out ready to fit someone who is 6'1. For those of us who are shorter, after rescaling, we just need to move the pieces around to fit on the sheets of paper. For anyone taller... hopefully rescaling and rearranging will work for you too. Unless you just go with the 6'1 size.

Ill begin work now, if the weekend goes well, it will be done by monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back