**FINISHED!!!** Zero's Gungnir and Halo 4 Midnight launch Build ((PIC HEAVY))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you recommend the foam for larger, more detailed parts, for instance, a torso, instead of using cardstock and then strengthening, like how you made the helmet?
Really it is all just what you prefer Foam is really good because it is flexible to a point and you don’t have to worry about pokey edges, however with Hard armor (Cardstock and resin) can give better detail, but there are ways to get that detail in foam. So really it is all preference although I do prefer foam for chect and lower body armor.
UPDATE
So I have a… few projects right now and it is not easy so there might be long periods where I don’t update my progress. But today I finished resining my Armor ability module that that I hope to harden and paint soon. I am not sure what ability I want but I am thinking of having the basic Sprint (Green lights)
PICTURE TIME
0627121906.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE
I finished hardaning the Ability Module and I am going to get the lights for it soon, just going sprint green. In other news I have a prototype designe for the emblem that I will be puting on my Chest piece and I also got some work done on my H4 Chest piece but i also have 2 other projects I need to do plus my 4 guns. For my Reach costume I am doing the Magnum and Assault Rifle, and for my Halo 4 build I'm doing the AR,BR combo wich I will be doing out of Styrofoam as soon as I can figure out how to work the Blueprints that are out there. (Scale them to full size) Any way
ON TO THE PICTURES!!!!!!!
0707122036.jpg

0707122036a.jpg

0707122036b.jpg

Oh and on the logo I am debating weather on making the circut effect over the whole suite or just leaving it there, and Cookie on the first person to figure out what that symbol is.

I love the armor ability. Great work on it all so far!

No cookie for me though...

Its XANA from Code Lyoko!!!

Yep it is the Eye of X.A.N.A. Only this variation is more along the lines as the symbol of Lyoko due to the colorations and the case yousee it everywhere on Lyoko and even onthe super computer.

UPDATE
Hey so again to to sizing issues I need to restart my H4 chest piece:( but i think i will try aain but in foam just have other costumes I need to finish first. So as you probably knoticed I changed the name of the thread and that is because I now have 3 builds for the H4 midnight release. They are for my friends who also want to go and will be helping me make the costumes and the guns.

List of costumes
Halo Reach Gungnir MK. V Armor w/t Assault Riifle, Magnum
Halo 3 Haybusa MK. VI Armor w/t Battle Rifle, Assault Rifle
Halo 3 ODST Dutch Armor w/t Spartan Laser, Silenced SMG
(Possable Builds)
Halo 4 MK. VI.5 (Chief's Armor) w/t Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle

So you are probably wondering what I will be using for my weapons well I will be using FOAM (I love foam) to make them and I just finished a prototype Magnum Thanks to DaFrontlineTrooper on youtube for the Tutorials and a few of the members that made me realize you could do this:p
So after searching abour 6 stores I finaly found the right foam which was DOW Insulation at lowes for about $12. any who

ON TO THE PICS
ae93b216.jpg

b8a5032c.jpg

660e9386.jpg

331988cd.jpg

So this is a incomplete Prototype just needs some sanding and paint as well as some finer details.

Looks like you found that blue foam. :D
Yep, rememberd one other Lowes a bit farther west. :p

CrazedOne1988 said:
Sounds like you have a full plate with all these builds! Good luck!
Yes I do, thanfuly the others I am building for are helping with cost and assembly.

tankball said:
u do know Code Lyoko is coming back right?
Heck yes I do can't wait for Evolution to air.

----------------------------------------------------
Okay so I have started on the Haybusa build and I am working on my thigh pieces, which I hope to finish by thursday. I also picked up some 'Weather Chalking' to fill in the gaps in my Torso armor so; I will fill those in and coat it in Plasti Dip so I can ready it for paint. I will have pics of it and my thigh pieces and torso soon, I only have them cut out right not and nothing assembled.
Anyway I finished my Magnum all that is needed is some touch ups and it will be nice. I am actualy tempted just to use it as my launch prop it came out so well.:p next maybe a H3 AR? hmmm lets see what eles I can do:D
PICS

Before Paint and minor detail pieces
0716121813.jpg

After paint and minor details
0717120026a.jpg

0717120027a.jpg

0717120027.jpg

0717120027c.jpg

UPDATE
So first off I have updated the first post with some more up to date information on my build(s) incluting a status on them. Second I have a FB album where I will be posting pics quite often Link in first post. Finaly I have realy put my builds into high gear i have almost finished my magnum, my Torso and right shin are in Gap filling/sealing and my right thigh/left shin are in final assembly. No pics for the armor today but i will have some soon, Promiss;). any way my Reach magnum (new one) is in sanding and final assembly now so...
PICTURE TIME!!!
0722122122.jpg

0722122123.jpg

0722122123a.jpg

0722122123b.jpg

Looking awesome so far Zero, One thing I have wanted to voice my opinion on though is the core-area of your armor. It's made of solid foam, which is going to make flexibility an issue (not to mention the inability to bend down). You've probably already thought of that, but I just wanted to say it. Super awesome v2 M6G too, it's really coming together.

THE 405TH IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Okay so while the 405th was down I got a good ammount of work done the 'Busa helmet is almost done I started on my MK VI Upgraded hemlet and we reorganized the teamwith now members.

Okay so first off the ODST and Marine build have been scraped, as far as I can tell the people that where going as them have backed out. But do not fear we have replacements for them and they will be a Male Spartan 4 with Gen 2 armor Locus Helmet, and a Promethean Knight. The Knight will be a scratch build with foam and lots of LED's and the Spartan 4 will also be a foam build. This is going to be a hard one but we can do this, and as for my MK VI it will also be foam but more on that later.I have started on two of the assault rifles and we should get the rest of the guns underway shortly. I should have pics for the Haybusa and the Locust up tonight or tomarrow but here is a pic of my forearm piece for now.

0914122220_zpsa3c1c36c.jpg

0914122220b_zps6e087ddf.jpg

P.S. now that school is done i will be alot better about updates expecialy on the Halo 4 Builds ie the Knight.:p

Attachments

• 0914122220_zpsa3c1c36c.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 107
UPDATE

Hey all so the armor is coming along nicely the 'Busa is resined we just need to put on another coat, then harden it, and paint and the Locus is coming along nicely so hopefully they will be done soon. My foam is almost done another week and the main building of it should be done. I have started to modify the files for the MK VI and GEN2 armor for foam work. I hope to have the Locus finished by the end of the weekend se we can move on to my MK VI helmet and the rest of the armor and start on the Promethean Knight.
0921121622_zps41277aa5.jpg

0921121623_zpsdeb5975c.jpg

0921121623a_zpse2779ad1.jpg

0921121623b_zpsbc91c3ba.jpg

BIG UPDATE
;):D
Yes; today we have a big update lots of pictures, and lots of news so let’s get right into it. So as for the helmets the Locus is too small, and the shape is way too funky to do anything with it. Sadly that one is being put on the back burner, and may be finished at a later time as a Trophy piece. The Hayabusa has been hardened and we have started painting. The MK VI has made some small progress but will have to stay on hold till after we finish the replacement for the Locus. DEADEYE yes Deadeye is the replacement for Locus none of us on the team felt like redoing the Locus helmet so we switched over to doing a Deadeye which is a lot easier. Finally I finished my Gauntlets for the Reach build and added in some grips so it better rotates with my wrist, and I started on my boots with one of the toes almost done.

P.S. The Gen2 armor is now being modified for foam and my MK VI will be hard armor.

Picture Time

Haybusa
0926120248.jpg

0926120240b.jpg

0926120240c.jpg

THE HAYABUSA, ITS EVIL... and sharp

DEADEYE
0927121132a.jpg

0927121132.jpg

REACH FOAM
0926120240.jpg

0926120240a.jpg

0927121130e.jpg

0927121131.jpg

0927121130d.jpg

0927121130c.jpg

Okay so that is all for today we hope to have more soon but untill then stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back