Carter Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why in gods name does everyone use this ugly helmet for a carter build?!Are you blind?!That looks nothing like Carters helmet!Well when u look at the front of it it doesnt.The sides are ok but seriously!Ruze made a 50 times better helmet then whoever made this piece of inacurate jizz.U doo wut u want but when i make mine,im gona use Ruzez build.

no need to get nasty man, but i know what you mean, im using ruzes as well

Why in gods name does everyone use this ugly helmet for a carter build?!Are you blind?!That looks nothing like Carters helmet!Well when u look at the front of it it doesnt.The sides are ok but seriously!Ruze made a 50 times better helmet then whoever made this piece of inacurate jizz.U doo wut u want but when i make mine,im gona use Ruzez build.

I just grabbed the first carter helmet model I could find that was unfolded at the time. I don't think ruze's model was finished yet...but since it is now could you set me up with the link to his model? I have to re-pep my helmet anyway because of slight fitting issues so I might as well do it with the more accurate model. Thanks for the suggestion!

I just grabbed the first carter helmet model I could find that was unfolded at the time. I don't think ruze's model was finished yet...but since it is now could you set me up with the link to his model? I have to re-pep my helmet anyway because of slight fitting issues so I might as well do it with the more accurate model. Thanks for the suggestion!

pm me with your email and i can send you it, i have all the files lol

alright guys so major setback...gotta repep my helmet because the one I made has some minor fitting issues...(it's too big)..sooo I'm gonna be working on that all week to try and get it done by this weekend. I'll post pics up when it's finished...

and thanks for the files kozlowski123 they were excellent!

alright guys so major setback...gotta repep my helmet because the one I made has some minor fitting issues...(it's too big)..sooo I'm gonna be working on that all week to try and get it done by this weekend. I'll post pics up when it's finished...

and thanks for the files kozlowski123 they were excellent!

no problem man, good luck! lets see if we both have our helmets done this week lol

sorry for the double post, just wanted to ask about some sizing issues cuz when i made the bicep, it was too small. jw about your advice on these files, thanks man!

sorry for the double post, just wanted to ask about some sizing issues cuz when i made the bicep, it was too small. jw about your advice on these files, thanks man!

no problem bro im really new to this whole armor creation scene so i can't give you professional advice...but i can say that you're bicep from what i've seen wants to be from just above you elbow (allow enough room for movement) to about an inch or two above the dip between your bicep/tricep and deltoid (to attach the shoulder piece). Hope this helps! as for measurements it pretty much depends on your own arm lol. good luck!

no problem bro im really new to this whole armor creation scene so i can't give you professional advice...but i can say that you're bicep from what i've seen wants to be from just above you elbow (allow enough room for movement) to about an inch or two above the dip between your bicep/tricep and deltoid (to attach the shoulder piece). Hope this helps! as for measurements it pretty much depends on your own arm lol. good luck!

thanks haha yeah im thinking im gonna have issues with the arms in general, im a body-builder so i made a goal to achieve SPARTAN proportions so i would fit the part even better ha. i actually look like Carter and i have a military haircut lol

thanks haha yeah im thinking im gonna have issues with the arms in general, im a body-builder so i made a goal to achieve SPARTAN proportions so i would fit the part even better ha. i actually look like Carter and i have a military haircut lol

HAHA nice! I was doing the same thing! I'm getting back into lifting so i can fit the role a lot better for next year too lol. I however do not have a carter haircut nor do i look like carter because I am asian not caucasian lol. but yeah let me know if you have any crazy breakthroughs with the biceps =P

HAHA nice! I was doing the same thing! I'm getting back into lifting so i can fit the role a lot better for next year too lol. I however do not have a carter haircut nor do i look like carter because I am asian not caucasian lol. but yeah let me know if you have any crazy breakthroughs with the biceps =P

dude we just have too much in common here hahaha

alright guys so I had to repep my forearms and my helmet...so far tonight I finished 1 forearm looking to complete the second one tomorrow and hopefully I'll have the helmet pepped by the end of the weekend. I'll have pics up of the forearms as soon as I finish the second one. But for now I am tired as it is 3:09 am...time for some much needed sleep. good luck noble...carter out.

what scaling are you going to use for the shoulders? cuz i have no idea of where to go on that one lol

For scaling I usually look at a reference picture of carter and measure out the length width and height on what it would be on me proportional to the picture. I usually have to adjust some numbers since i dont have the exact body proportions as carter but it should be somewhat similar. If you or anybody else has a better way to scale armor please feel free to repost. Sorry for such a lame response but I hope this helps!

For scaling I usually look at a reference picture of carter and measure out the length width and height on what it would be on me proportional to the picture. I usually have to adjust some numbers since i dont have the exact body proportions as carter but it should be somewhat similar. If you or anybody else has a better way to scale armor please feel free to repost. Sorry for such a lame response but I hope this helps!

na its not lame! i was thinkin maybe that would be the best route but i wasnt too sure, ill have to takwe some time today and figure it out, thanks!

Wow pump the breaks lol .... Srry u had to restart ur helmet but I'm having same problem used same pep file might have to start over as well

Wow pump the breaks lol .... Srry u had to restart ur helmet but I'm having same problem used same pep file might have to start over as well

its worth it, believe me, Ruze's file is very accurate, i took quite a while comparing it to screenshots of Carter

Spartan_D211 you're one ungreatful little noob. How dare you say that about someone who has worked so hard on bringing us a file and giving it to us out of the goodness of his heart. Did he have all of the references to make an accuracte file? No. He did what he could as well as the other talented modelers out there who give us this stuff for free and to make this community strong as it is now.

I bet you don't even know the first bloody thing about modeling. It takes hours of work, trying to get every usable detail cramed in there without making your life a living hell during the build process. And because of the crap that comes out of the mindless, ungreatful mouths like youself, you make the backbone of this community leave, never to comeback.

So do me, and of the other members a favor and keep comments like that where they belong. NOWHERE!

If I was in Adam's shoes, I would have perma-banned you the second I caught my eye on your little comment.
=================================

Now, surfahbum808, you are doing a fine job on the build. I'm sure your second try on the pieces will be successful.

Keep it up so my brother can be jealous of this build. Carter is his favorite Spartan-III and would love to see a finished suit!

-Pony

I totally backin ACD,

Noob with 37 posts, what have you contributed to the community..whats that... yeah thats what I thought. If I was adam..you wouldnt have a forum account. Nuff said

As to the thread, great work dude. I love what your doing keep it up! WE WANT MORE PICS SOON! hahha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back