Carter Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep it up. The peping can seem like it takes forever but when do it right it makes all the rest of the steps much easier, and you are doin it right! Gonna follow this one. Can't wait for some more pics.

VERY NICE FOIR BEING YOUR FIRST¡
im also doing my first, i assume you started pepakura a few weeks ealier or youre fast with it XD
good luck!
im going to check the precess and the results!

hey guys thanks for all the responses! I've been really busy with school and a surprise visit from family from california and colorado for thanksgiving so I didn't really have a lot of time over the 4 day weekend to pep but i'll have some pics up soon. I managed to finish my right thigh and cod piece over the weekend but haven't started on my helmet yet. I still have to upload pics so they'll be up soon! I got hockey tonight so they'll probably be up by tomorrow. Stay tuned!

hey guys thanks for all the responses! I've been really busy with school and a surprise visit from family from california and colorado for thanksgiving so I didn't really have a lot of time over the 4 day weekend to pep but i'll have some pics up soon. I managed to finish my right thigh and cod piece over the weekend but haven't started on my helmet yet. I still have to upload pics so they'll be up soon! I got hockey tonight so they'll probably be up by tomorrow. Stay tuned!

this is too weird man, you play hockey too?????? and i have it tonight as well haha!! lookin forward to those pics!

this is too weird man, you play hockey too?????? and i have it tonight as well haha!! lookin forward to those pics!

haha this is starting to get a little weird lol. But yeah I play inline hockey not ice as I live in hawaii and it is much easier to maintain an inline rink here. I still gotta upload them tonight on photobucket and i'll have them posted by tomorrow at the latest. Good job on the helmet btw I never had a chance to start mine but am really looking forward to completing it!

Spartan_D211 you're one ungreatful little noob. How dare you say that about someone who has worked so hard on bringing us a file and giving it to us out of the goodness of his heart. Did he have all of the references to make an accuracte file? No. He did what he could as well as the other talented modelers out there who give us this stuff for free and to make this community strong as it is now.

I bet you don't even know the first bloody thing about modeling. It takes hours of work, trying to get every usable detail cramed in there without making your life a living hell during the build process. And because of the crap that comes out of the mindless, ungreatful mouths like youself, you make the backbone of this community leave, never to comeback.

So do me, and of the other members a favor and keep comments like that where they belong. NOWHERE!

If I was in Adam's shoes, I would have perma-banned you the second I caught my eye on your little comment.
=================================

Now, surfahbum808, you are doing a fine job on the build. I'm sure your second try on the pieces will be successful.

Keep it up so my brother can be jealous of this build. Carter is his favorite Spartan-III and would love to see a finished suit!

-Pony

Haha thanks man! I'll be sure to post the complete suit when it's done so you can show your brother lol.

I totally backin ACD,

Noob with 37 posts, what have you contributed to the community..whats that... yeah thats what I thought. If I was adam..you wouldnt have a forum account. Nuff said

As to the thread, great work dude. I love what your doing keep it up! WE WANT MORE PICS SOON! hahha

Haha thanks for stopping by! I really want to make this first suit a great one. I've seen some people rush their first attempt and the result could have been 100 times better if they just took some time and didnt rush. I'm trying to finish as fast as possible too as I am really excited to start this project. I'll be posting more progress pics by tomorrow so stay tuned!

Keep it up. The peping can seem like it takes forever but when do it right it makes all the rest of the steps much easier, and you are doin it right! Gonna follow this one. Can't wait for some more pics.

Yeah I know what you mean...although I do understand the whole patience thing. I rushed some pieces I did earlier and had to redo them because of warping. I will be posting more pics soon so stay tuned! Thanks for checking out my thread!

VERY NICE FOIR BEING YOUR FIRST¡
im also doing my first, i assume you started pepakura a few weeks ealier or youre fast with it XD
good luck!
im going to check the precess and the results!

Thanks for the compliment! I really want this to be amazing when it all comes together so i'm trying my best! As for the pepping I did start about 2 weeks before I posted. I've been slowing down recently though because the end of the semester is coming up and finals are just around the corner...hopefully when winter break rolls around i'll be going all out on the pepping to eventually move onto the resin and fiberglassing. Stay tuned! i'll be posting more pics soon. Thanks for stopping by!

haha this is starting to get a little weird lol. But yeah I play inline hockey not ice as I live in hawaii and it is much easier to maintain an inline rink here. I still gotta upload them tonight on photobucket and i'll have them posted by tomorrow at the latest. Good job on the helmet btw I never had a chance to start mine but am really looking forward to completing it!

cant wait to see em! and just a lil heads up, start the helmet from the back, then move to the top, then down and to the front, itll save some real stress and itll keep it nice and clean looking- good luck!

You need to have pics at some point, we really want to see if its any good. Also you cant have a build thread with no pics.

I must say your doing a wonderful job there, im having to put my MK6 on the backburners and am starting my own carter build. You have great pep lines, very clean. I am looking foreward to seeing more pics as you progress on your project. I hope mine looks that good. Keep up the good work

You need to have pics at some point, we really want to see if its any good. Also you cant have a build thread with no pics.

Totally agree with you a progress thread with no pics is no thread at all! I have some posted up on the 1st page but am loading up pics right now to photobucket i'll post them up when they're all uploaded. Thanks for stopping by!

awesome work it looks very nice and clean pep work :)

Hey thanks for the compliment! I try to make sure that my pep is nothing short of awesome because as far as I know thats pretty much the base of the suit. Good pep work = excellent final product (with some other factors thrown in) but pepping is the start! Stay tuned i'm gonna post more progress pics up tonight!

I must say your doing a wonderful job there, im having to put my MK6 on the backburners and am starting my own carter build. You have great pep lines, very clean. I am looking foreward to seeing more pics as you progress on your project. I hope mine looks that good. Keep up the good work

Thanks for the compliment and for stopping by! I can't wait to see what you're gonna do with your carter build. It seems everyone has started to make a carter suit recently lol. If you have any suggestions or questions please feel free to repost! I need as much feedback as possible since this is my first suit and want to make it a good one. Thanks again! Stay tuned for more updates! :)

Hey guys thanks for all the compliments and suggestions! Keep them coming because I really want this project to be an amazing one and I can't do that without some constructive criticism. So I am sorry to those who have been diligently following this thread waiting for some progress pics. I've been really busy and haven't been able to upload the photos of my work onto the site. So as promised here you go!
Enjoy!

Here is my right thigh piece (side, front and back view)
1291191949299.jpg

1291191975575.jpg

1291191989295.jpg

Shin (front view)
2010-11-30223352.jpg

Yes I am wearing the COD piece lol...and I had to take in the sides a bit because it was originally too big to fit my waist...:p

1291192123162.jpg

1291192137957.jpg

1291192150770.jpg

Hope you liked the pictures! I'll be posting more sooner than later hopefully..I'm gonna be swamped with studying for finals but after that I should have a lot more time to work on the project hopefully be able to resin the pieces too! Stay tuned! Thanks for checking out my carter thread!

Attachments

• 1291191949299.jpg
    1291191949299.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 170
  • 1291191975575.jpg
    1291191975575.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 161
  • 1291191989295.jpg
    1291191989295.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 149
  • 2010-11-30223352.jpg
    2010-11-30223352.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 164
  • 1291192123162.jpg
    1291192123162.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 159
  • 1291192137957.jpg
    1291192137957.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 165
  • 1291192150770.jpg
    1291192150770.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 142
ok, tip from the top, unless you are size testing them, avoid wearing your pepped models untill they have been hardened. i have experience with pep models kinda dying because i wore them a bit too much before the hardening stage... those models are no longer with us... :D

btw, from what i can see, good job!!!

ok, tip from the top, unless you are size testing them, avoid wearing your pepped models untill they have been hardened. i have experience with pep models kinda dying because i wore them a bit too much before the hardening stage... those models are no longer with us... :D

btw, from what i can see, good job!!!

haha yeah i haven't tried anything else on but the cod piece. it was just to see how much i had to pull in the sides because the waist was a little too big =P but thanks for the advice! i'll be sure not to try anything else on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back