Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking sweeeeet!

Can't wait to see everything all up together. Particularly interested in seeing how the weathering looks as a whole, I made my ODST helmet pretty beat up (probably on par with your armour) so I'm keen to get an idea of how it may look if I continue the trend for my armour :cool

Magnums are finished.

DSC01332.JPG
DSC01331.JPG
DSC01334.JPG

What about the others (Height and Width) ?

Sorry, I don't know that. I just went with length.

Looking sweeeeet!

Can't wait to see everything all up together. Particularly interested in seeing how the weathering looks as a whole, I made my ODST helmet pretty beat up (probably on par with your armour) so I'm keen to get an idea of how it may look if I continue the trend for my armour :cool

Thanks. ^^
I can't wait to see it too! :D
Well, when I've been wearing more parts at the same time, it looked good.

Beside working on other stuff, today I've been sealing and coating the finished stuff with the transparent spray... and I have to say I learned few tricks. XD

WhatsApp Image 2016-08-15 at 7.31.56 PM.jpeg

That paint job is so amazing!!

Thanks! I'm really pleased with these. :)
And I may actually repaint the knife with similar paintjob - tan and gray, not just black... O_O

I never have anything new to say because this build is top-notch but I will point out that after following your progress for a little under a year since you started, you're starting to look like a young, Commander S. Palmer. Keep at it, Spartan!

Finished painting chest. I only have to do the covers for the lights. Dunno but I lost 2.
But yeah, about 15-17 hours left and I still have so much to do... X_X
No panic, because I don't have time for panic.

WP_20160817_00_20_35_Pro.jpg
WP_20160817_00_21_09_Pro.jpg

I never have anything new to say because this build is top-notch but I will point out that after following your progress for a little under a year since you started, you're starting to look like a young, Commander S. Palmer. Keep at it, Spartan!

Thank you. Really, thank you very much. I seriously appreciate it, especially now at this point. X_X
Hahaha! XD
Young Commander Palmer, haha. I'm actually not that much younger! When we see her in the game Palmer is 31yr old and well, it means I'm only 6 years younger, haha.

Finished painting chest. I only have to do the covers for the lights. Dunno but I lost 2.
But yeah, about 15-17 hours left and I still have so much to do... X_X
No panic, because I don't have time for panic.

sleep is for the weak ;)

really impressed with how this is turning out, seeing the updates keeps me wanting to work on my armour too!

I know how it feels trying to get every thing ready for an event the next day:( (don't do what I did and leave it for the morning of the con:facepalm

Anyway Keep going and don't stop its looking so good now and I can only imagine how it will look when its done!

Finished painting thighs and currently sealing them along with chest.

Made these covers for the holes.

WP_20160817_11_42_05_Pro.jpg

Also, finished that butt piece as well.

WP_20160817_11_52_20_Pro.jpg

Now I'll go back to the undersuit. Yes, shame on me, I never finished that undersuit. T_T

sleep is for the weak ;)

really impressed with how this is turning out, seeing the updates keeps me wanting to work on my armour too!

Yeah, but I really could use more time. XD Can trade it for more sleep! :D

Thanks and so go and work on your armor. ;)

I know how it feels trying to get every thing ready for an event the next day:( (don't do what I did and leave it for the morning of the con:facepalm

Anyway Keep going and don't stop its looking so good now and I can only imagine how it will look when its done!

Damn, I'm already traveling one day too late. Originally I was to travel yesterday. :/

Thanks!

Just remember; that light at the end of the tunnel isn't an oncoming passenger train....it the CON TRAIN!!!!!!! Go have fun......win the costume contest!!!! We're all rooting for you!!!! The competition doesn't stand a chance. Well done Mara!!

Just remember; that light at the end of the tunnel isn't an oncoming passenger train....it the CON TRAIN!!!!!!! Go have fun......win the costume contest!!!! We're all rooting for you!!!! The competition doesn't stand a chance. Well done Mara!!

I'm not going after all.
When I had 3 hours left I realized there is 0% that I could get it all finished on time.

I'll continue to work on it and maybe I'll go on Friday to be there for weekend.
Dunno. :/

so you're missing the contest? oh crud.......sorry Mara........

so you're missing the contest? oh crud.......sorry Mara........

The contest is on Sunday. I'll try to be there on Saturday, if I'll be able to finish everything on time.

Though, contest wasn't and isn't the most important thing, haha. There is a Microsoft party that I really wanted to attend, but it's tomorrow... So yeah. :/

But I'm trying to get this all done in 2 days so I could be there on weekend.

Well stop posting and start building! We'll get to see it all together from photos snagged at the con. We have faith in you Commander!

SOOOO CLOSE..........get cracking woman!!!!! and as PerniciousDuke said, don't reply!!!!

P.S., wallpaper is still freaking me out!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So every light has to be turned on individually? not all wired on the same circuit......not that its a bad thing but a pain....unless you turn them on and just leave them on the whole time.....

So every light has to be turned on individually? not all wired on the same circuit......not that its a bad thing but a pain....unless you turn them on and just leave them on the whole time.....

I think it's better than having to worry about exposed wires snagging on things. This way they are all contained inside each armor piece.

True.....didn't think along those lines.
Not to say that it can't be done effectively, but it would be quite a bit more work to link them all together without risk of damaging the wiring. Also something you could come back to down the road Mara. I was planning for mine to use regular 1" strapping to link the armor together, but everywhere there was strapping I would sew another piece of strapping to it along the sides with the ends open. Then the strapping would be like tubes that I could feed wiring through. Between that and quick connectors it would be a pretty sweet set up.

I love the lights Mara! That is a really good looking blue. It is going to match your visor perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back