Halo 4/5 master chief armor high poly 3d printeble for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
I have a problem with the reactors (rear torso). I cut the piece in 2 to print it, but the printing time is about 45 hours ... someone would have unfilled parts and just with a thickness of 5mm?
Thank you for your work and thank you in advance for your answers!

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with the reactors (rear torso). I cut the piece in 2 to print it, but the printing time is about 45 hours ... someone would have unfilled parts and just with a thickness of 5mm?
Thank you for your work and thank you in advance for your answers!

Hi! you have to hollow them in for example meshmixer with a thickness of 5mm, then cut them in two. ;)

It's hollow with a 4mm wall thickness which I find to be the perfect thickness on my Ultimaker2. If there are people interested in the altered version, let me know.

It's hollow with a 4mm wall thickness which I find to be the perfect thickness on my Ultimaker2. If there are people interested in the altered version, let me know.
Hello, I'm always interested! So I can compare with my pieces
Thank you for sharing !!

after making it hollow this is what happen when i try to make an inside 5mm shell

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    232.7 KB · Views: 535
I think you have a problem ...

For me this worked well with Meshmix and the tool "Hollow".
Thanks CarterBuilder12!

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2017-01-21 à 11.19.23.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-01-21 à 11.19.23.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 398
  • Capture d’écran 2017-01-21 à 11.20.04.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-01-21 à 11.20.04.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 408
i honnestly dont know how to split it when its hollow and i split it only splice the exterior shell i tried to find tutorial but i dont find anything good

i honnestly dont know how to split it when its hollow and i split it only splice the exterior shell i tried to find tutorial but i dont find anything good

Try using the new files I released a short time ago. I think you are using the old files, I tested them now and see that there is some problems with them there.

What it the best software to upload these files to and resize and slice with?

I would say you should use meshmixer.

tijojo98 : considering you also had odd issues with the display on S3D, isn't it possible you're looking at display errors and not so much model result errors ? Did you get a better result on that part you showed the gfx corruption with ? Because in all honesty, I don't really see how you could get into issues there. Otherwise, make it hollow first, save it, import it in NetFabb and see how the split works there.

As far as the odd display situation you showed a couple of posts earlier : there's an option in S3D
upload_2017-1-22_2-0-27-png.238560

to force compatibility with VGA card drivers, might be worth looking into. Certainly if you're using an older style ATI card or Intel integrated GFX, this can go seriously sideways.

What it the best software to upload these files to and resize and slice with?

Hah, it depends on who you ask and their personal preference. I'm totally a NetFabb man myself when it comes to slicing but I admit the free version is somewhat limited (just cutting over the full axis, which can be very limiting). But at least NetFabb doesn't crash like 2 times per minute on more complex models like Meshmixer does on me every time I'm trying to do something serious (be it OSX or Windows doesn't make a difference). Which I find really sad as I really TRY to like Meshmixer, it has a couple of really nice tools inside, but Meshmixer is determined to drive me crazy each time I try to use it by throwing me a fatal software error in my face when I just dare to look at it.

Just a quick test : hollowed in Meshmixer, cut in Netfabb :

cut.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-22_2-0-27.png
    upload_2017-1-22_2-0-27.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,471
Last edited:
ok guys im sorry i tried my best to make it hllow and cut it without having the hole filled and im unable to do it hahah i have zero knowledge in 3d modeling i barely know how to use cura hahahahha i got simplify 3d for Christmas and i dont understand anything hahahahn so is there a kind person that could send me both hollow jetpack at a 0.9114 scale it would be realy appreciated because i dont have the money to do both jetpack with infill at the middle i will destroy my student budget for my pilot liscence hahah you can send it to me on my email which is tijojo98@gmail.com thanks guys

"You have mail".

Yeahyeah, just admit you need the space to stash the booze. :D
As for the "i don't understand anything", don't worry, I don't either. I just pretend. :confused:

But yeah, reminds me to start up the common-place "tips and tricks 3D thread" here soon. (or anybody else can do it too winkwink) as it would a lot of people so it would seem.

Last edited:
"You have mail".

Yeahyeah, just admit you need the space to stash the booze. :D
As for the "i don't understand anything", don't worry, I don't either. I just pretend. :confused:

But yeah, reminds me to start up the common-place "tips and tricks 3D thread" here soon. (or anybody else can do it too winkwink) as it would a lot of people so it would seem.
thank you so much :D

hi ia am currently printing the v2 torso this part and when i print it theres is a part of the print really thin and ampty then there is an edge that doesnt figure on the model i know i did a lot of troubleshoot in the last week im starting to think it might be on my side saddly but maybe someone would know what is my problem
upload_2017-1-22_16-56-59.png
its the dar triangle spot on the print in my picture sorry my phone have a really bad camera i saw it is the beginning of the printing of the rectangle thing but it doesnt print it linked to the rest of the print i scanned the part for holes in netfabb but nothing i hop this hole is gonna close itself at one time so i can fill it and avoid re printing

Attachments

• 20170122_194218[1].jpg
    20170122_194218[1].jpg
    676.8 KB · Views: 468
Last edited:
hi ia am currently printing the v2 torso this part and when i print it theres is a part of the print really thin and ampty then there is an edge that doesnt figure on the model i know i did a lot of troubleshoot in the last week im starting to think it might be on my side saddly but maybe someone would know what is my problem View attachment 238591 its the dar triangle spot on the print in my picture sorry my phone have a really bad camera i saw it is the beginning of the printing of the rectangle thing but it doesnt print it linked to the rest of the print i scanned the part for holes in netfabb but nothing i hop this hole is gonna close itself at one time so i can fill it and avoid re printing

Hey man!

This is not your fault! ;) I am looking in to it now to see if I can fix it :) sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit:

For quick-fix: If you have windows 10, use 3d builder wich is a integrated software in win 10. Take it in there, then go to the edit tab and pick combine or weld, don't know what it's called in english in that program (mine is in norwegian, that's why i don't know that).

I will do this too and re upload the parts, but this can probably take longer, depending on when you read this it might allready be up.

Last edited:
You are all guinea pigs fixing my errors so I don't need to worry when I am printing them! Mohahaha! :devil:

Just kidding :p I am very greatful for the feadback so I can pick out the errors that is hidden within that i don't spot before i release them.

I have fixed the fault in the chest plate, it was a dum thing i should have noticed... I have re-uploaded the zip files, note i have only fixed the the seperate chest plate not the file with all the parts.

It might be that i fixes the complete torso so it don't contain that error tomorrow.

Link: Torso v2.zip

Last edited:
thanks a lot :) im gonna print the normal file any way and i might re print it when i will have more money and drill in the hole and find something to fill it or maybe if i send you my sliced piece you would be able to do it if you dont mind so i dont have to slice it again :) is it on both side if it is i will send you both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back