Halo 5 Spartan Helljumper (Buck) - Pepakura/Paper Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a further spot of progress and again another "joining of methods" :) So again, because I'm lazy, for the part of this armor where there is a sunk in part, I REALLY don't want to build the small riser piece. Did it on the prototype, and it was a pain and I didn't like the result. So, using a foam process makes this ridiculously easier! So I'll make a second one and use some contact cement to attach them behind the armor. Of course, after I finish the behind pieces of the front chest :)
Chest Sink 1.jpg Chest Sink 2.jpg

Hey all! So gotta love work when it keeps you busy after hours. (About as much as chicken pox!) Anyway, I've made some decent progress but just haven't had time to post it. So here it is!

Nearly Finished Chest Plate:
Chestplate 10.jpg Chestplate 11.jpg Chestplate 12.jpg

Hybrid Method foam pieces from last post finally mounted:
Chestplate 13.jpg Chestplate 14.jpg Chestplate 15.jpg

Inserts installed and glued:
Chestplate 16.jpg Chestplate 17.jpg Chestplate 18.jpg Chestplate 19.jpg

And finally, the completed Chestplate: (Minus details to be installed later)
Chestplate 20.jpg Chestplate 21.jpg Chestplate 22.jpg Chestplate 23.jpg

Well after a bit more building, I found that the scale was too small. Was hoping I was wrong, but cest la vi! However as it was also my first prototype build it allowed me simplify the build even more so that I don't tear my hear out, because there were some parts that took the better part of an hour to put together. With v3, it will be a much faster build. As soon as I have some screenshots i'll post there here.

Cheers!

Bummer man. Ya I've been there sucks to have to start a piece over due to scaling errors. It's tough all armors are different and I find it to be more trial and error then an actual science.

Awesome build Gralt! Was looking to start a helljumper build but foam wasn't my thing as I'm more comfortable w/ paper and allows for more detail if your willing to put in the work. Will be watching while building closely. Great Work!

The only good thing about getting the scale wrong......when you have to re-do the piece, you kind of know where all the pieces go. Think of it as a practice piece. Great job so far .....

Sorry about the absence. Been working on newer layout for the chest. Fix one problem and another arises, and after the first build being the wrong scale I realized I could clean it up more. I should have known better but c'est la vie! As soon as I've got the updated layout, i'll post some previews.

Cheers!

may I say v3 looks a lot cleaner than v2; you've got this figured out, man! It's gonna be amazing!:) Nice work!!

Last edited:
So a bit more progress to report! Got the new foam insets finished. Just a few more rim pieces and the front chest will be done! Then on to the back....which will take a spell longer lol.
The parts highlighted on the screen are the ones left to add on the model.
Chest Ventral Front Assembly 2.jpg

Looking good Never give up never surrender. Glad to see your making head way on this, and trust me after you get the Chest done the rest will be a lot more simplified for you it's a good piece to start with. Also message me when you start scaling the other pieces I think we definitely be able to help you there with that.

I'm always lurking on your thread. Your Helljumper is getting so pretty. :D
Your files are great, that's one thing, but I enjoy seeing your progress - it's so clean and you're using nice and clever ideas.

Thanks guys, thank you all! And thank you CommanderPalmer, but I will admit to nice and clever being lazy and looking for shortcuts haha. But hey, if it works and works, and here is the proof! The completed Ventral chestplate!
Ventral Chest Assembly Complete.jpg

Well almost completed. I haven't enclosed the top back pieces above the black insets just yet because I know when it comes time to resin/fiberglass this I will want access to that area. Now on to the dorsal chestplate! I hope to start my 3d print prototyping of the detail pieces soon. Just have to pick one of the smaller pieces to get the sizing right. I can't wait for this thing to be done so I can finally get to work on other pieces! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back