Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

Hi everyone! It's an honor to meet all of you. I've always been a long time lurker of this website, but I have decided now is the time to be a part of it and join the ranks.

First Name: Sam

Profession? Student?: I work full-time in Airport Ground Operations.

Favorite Hobby: It's a tossup between playing Halo and making my Spartan, lol

Favorite part of Halo: Fighting off the Covies!

Favorite Halo: Halo 3, for sure!

Favorite Video Game: The Last of Us 1 was one of the most compelling story based games I've played, but I gotta give the award to Halo 3. Way too many memories made on that front on the multiplayer side.

Other Interests: Aviation, Auto Racing, 3D Printing, Model railroading

Favorite Food: Anything In-N-Out makes:p

Favorite Band:
No one in particular, I generally enjoy all genres of music. Cliché, I know lol

Favorite Movie(s): This is a tough one. I'm not much a movie guy, but Iron Man 1 always stuck with me. I loved the suit up scenes and Tony Stark just being a general badass.

What do you hope to learn here?: How to make a high quality costume with bell and whistles, of course!

Have you built/made a costume before?: Nope!

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: N/A
Hey Sam, welcome to the 405th Infantry Division!

Iron man 1 would be one of my top 3 Marvel movies easily, it's one of the best! If you end up building an Iron man suit after you build a set of Spartan armour I'd love to see it. If you follow the tutorials we have here you should be able to make that armour with all said bells and whistles!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Last edited:
First Name: Ohan
Profession? Student?: Ingest Operator at Film Industry
Favorite Hobby: Video Games, cosplay
Favorite part of Halo: The holy crusades, to push forth and achieve the great journey!
Favorite Halo: Halo 2
Favorite Video Game: Portal 2, Dark Souls 3, Red Dead Redemption 2... what? can't just have 1!
Other Interests: Airsoft
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, Back to the Future, Ready Player One.
What do you hope to learn here?: I've been in the 501st for years and wanted to see what other costume clubs are like. That and wanted to try something new!
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes! Star Wars clonetrooper costumes!
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: 501st Legion, Rebel Legion
Other:
What's up Ohan, Welcome to the 405th!

That's a solid selection of movies you've got there, you have good taste in movies obviously.

Been in the 501st? You should find that most of the same skills are applicable here too,
However, if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

What's up Ohan, Welcome to the 405th!

That's a solid selection of movies you've got there, you have good taste in movies obviously.

Been in the 501st? You should find that most of the same skills are applicable here too,
However, if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Appreciate it!

Hey Sam, welcome to the 405th Infantry Division!

Iron man 1 would be one of my top 3 Marvel movies easily, it's one of the best! If you end up building an Iron man suit after you build a set of Spartan armour I'd love to see it. If you follow the tutorials we have here you should be able to make that armour with all said bells and whistles!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask any questions!
Will do, thank you for the warm welcome!

Hello everyone. Fresh boot here just off the transport.

First Name: T.J.
Profession: Security, Executive Protection
Favorite Hobby: Has to be gaming.
Favorite part of Halo: As a previous military servicemember, it just makes sense to me. Love the lore.
Favorite Halo: First one. I bought an Xbox at Camp Lejeune and we used to play multiplayer in the barracks then on ship when deployed. So the first one holds a special place for me.
Favorite Video Game: All Time? Mario Kart. Currently spending hours on Bannerlord.
Other Interests: Photography, kayaking, fishing, etc.
Favorite Food: A nice juicy steak.
Favorite Band: AC/DC
Favorite Movie(s): Goonies, Back to the Future, Tombstone
What do you hope to learn here: As much as I can. Wanting to build a full suit and enjoy some cosplay action.
Have you built/made a costume before: I have a few builds that are mixed purchased and crafted.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I am part of a Dredd group and have a full uniform set. Photo attached.
Other: Hoping to one day join the Mountain Regiment. I'm from Colorado.
What about does it cost do make a Judge cosplay? Yours looks outstanding!

First Name: Justin (Drim)
Profession: Sr. Network Engineer
Favorite Hobby: 3d printing, Gaming
Favorite part of Halo: I've always loved the story in general, but the nostalgic factor is what always brings me back.
Favorite Halo: Halo 3. Fond memories of sitting around with a large group of friends playing.
Favorite Video Game: Definitely a hard one to narrow down. Love fantasy/rpg type games. Always up for anything with good story.
Other Interests: Music. I play a variety of instruments but mostly guitar.
Favorite Food: Maybe it's a geographic thing, but can you really go wrong with a steak or anything fried?
Favorite Band: Polyphia rn but it is definitely variable
Favorite Movie(s): Again so many. Always lean in to fantasy or action.
What do you hope to learn here?: More about the general craft and costume building.
Have you built/made a costume before?: This will be my first build.
Other: Looking forward to getting to know the people here and hopefully meet up with some at Dragoncon and other cons nearby.

First Name: Justin (Drim)
Profession: Sr. Network Engineer
Favorite Hobby: 3d printing, Gaming
Favorite part of Halo: I've always loved the story in general, but the nostalgic factor is what always brings me back.
Favorite Halo: Halo 3. Fond memories of sitting around with a large group of friends playing.
Favorite Video Game: Definitely a hard one to narrow down. Love fantasy/rpg type games. Always up for anything with good story.
Other Interests: Music. I play a variety of instruments but mostly guitar.
Favorite Food: Maybe it's a geographic thing, but can you really go wrong with a steak or anything fried?
Favorite Band: Polyphia rn but it is definitely variable
Favorite Movie(s): Again so many. Always lean in to fantasy or action.
What do you hope to learn here?: More about the general craft and costume building.
Have you built/made a costume before?: This will be my first build.
Other: Looking forward to getting to know the people here and hopefully meet up with some at Dragoncon and other cons nearby.
Howya Justin, welcome to the 405th!

If you're looking to make your first build, you couldn't have picked a better place to start! We have a load of tutorials and other helpful guides that you can use on your cosplay journey.

Hey everyone thank you for letting me into the community, feel free to inbox me I'm always open to meet new people! I am prior military and in NC

First Name: Gavin
Profession? Student?: Law enforcement
Favorite Hobby: Building race cars
Favorite part of Halo: For me I just remember the midnight release of halo reach and getting my first ever collectors edition
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 ODST
Favorite Video Game: its a toss up between warhammer 3 and helldivers
Other Interests: building things from cars to models
Favorite Food: Any kind of junk food
Favorite Band: I love all genres but on my main repeat, Sabaton, Prof, Slaughter to prevail
Favorite Movie(s): Tokyo drift
What do you hope to learn here?: Well almost everything, everyone has different ways to do things and I just want to learn it all and eventually develop my own style.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Never
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I don't
Other:

Hey everyone thank you for letting me into the community, feel free to inbox me I'm always open to meet new people! I am prior military and in NC

Profession? Student?: Law enforcement
Favorite Hobby: Building race cars
Favorite part of Halo: For me I just remember the midnight release of halo reach and getting my first ever collectors edition
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 ODST
Favorite Video Game: its a toss up between warhammer 3 and helldivers
Other Interests: building things from cars to models
Favorite Food: Any kind of junk food
Favorite Band: I love all genres but on my main repeat, Sabaton, Prof, Slaughter to prevail
Favorite Movie(s): Tokyo drift
What do you hope to learn here?: Well almost everything, everyone has different ways to do things and I just want to learn it all and eventually develop my own style.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Never
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I don't
Other:
Ah sweet another one, I’m active duty xD, anyways welcome to the 405th, if you have any question feel free to ask!

Ah sweet another one, I’m active duty xD, anyways welcome to the 405th, if you have any question feel free to ask!
Heck yeah man I was a 11c, I'm out now in the DD214 club haha but I couldn't leave it alone so I transitioned to being a cop now. I'll unfortunately have thousands of questions. Like paint and armor schemes

First Name: Denver, Yes, like the City
Profession? Student?: High School Student
Favorite Hobby: Video Games
Favorite part of Halo: THE FLOOD
Favorite Halo: REMEMBER REACH!!!
Favorite Video Game: Pfft… Halo, Obviously.
Other Interests: Hiking, Firing Range, and Just Driving around tbh
Favorite Food: Chicken Wings
Favorite Band: Three Days Grace
Favorite Movie(s): Pacific Rim, Real Steel, Harry Potter, Star Wars
What do you hope to learn here?: I have no artistic ability, but I have got to watch some of these tutorials and make a set of MKV/B Armor. Definitely gonna eventually get around to going to one of these Cons or events
Have you built/made a costume before?: No, But I definitely plan on it once I have the time and money
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Unfortunately no, not yet at least

First Name: Denver, Yes, like the City
Profession? Student?: High School Student
Favorite Hobby: Video Games
Favorite part of Halo: THE FLOOD
Favorite Halo: REMEMBER REACH!!!
Favorite Video Game: Pfft… Halo, Obviously.
Other Interests: Hiking, Firing Range, and Just Driving around tbh
Favorite Food: Chicken Wings
Favorite Band: Three Days Grace
Favorite Movie(s): Pacific Rim, Real Steel, Harry Potter, Star Wars
What do you hope to learn here?: I have no artistic ability, but I have got to watch some of these tutorials and make a set of MKV/B Armor. Definitely gonna eventually get around to going to one of these Cons or events
Have you built/made a costume before?: No, But I definitely plan on it once I have the time and money
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Unfortunately no, not yet at least
Hi Denver, welcome to the 405th!

I'm sure you have some artistic ability man! (Probably more than when I started out at least :lol: ). Even so, you'll learn and pick up skills quickly here which will help you on your future projects. I'd recommend the tutorial by our very own N8TEBB to start you off on learning our crafting mediums (I'll link it below!)

Lol I’ll bet this slope increase in watch time is all thanks to how much you recommend my video Jev XD
IMG_3437.jpeg

Profession? Student?: Student
Favorite Hobby: Gaming
Favorite part of Halo: The elites. Graceful, awesome warriors.
Favorite Halo: Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: Halo:2
Other Interests: Acting, Im big into theater and stuffs.
Favorite Food: Rice
Favorite Band: Dont have one
Favorite Movie(s): None
What do you hope to learn here?: Everything there is to know about halo costuming.
Have you built/made a costume before?: I made a Robin costume when I was younger out of foam.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: no lol
Other: I thought I would leave this here as I never really made one.

Lol I’ll bet this slope increase in watch time is all thanks to how much you recommend my video Jev XD
Maybe!

I find it’s a really handy video to recommend as you cover pretty much all of the basics without really glossing over anything or making it look too daunting to do at home.

Definitely keep the tutorials coming, it’s a great help for the new guys!

What do you hope to learn here?: Everything there is to know about halo costuming.
Have you built/made a costume before?: I made a Robin costume when I was younger out of foam.
Howdy Gavin, welcome to the 405th!

Nice to see a fellow appreciator of the elites! They're somewhat unusual in the grand scheme of FPS in their gracefulness but I think that makes them all the more unique. Plus when aggroed they drop down like an animal would, it's a cool design choice!

We have a metric TON of resources you can make use of on your journey of building your first suit. If you can't find something or need help, feel free to start a thread and ask!

"Welcome to Reach"
If it's knowledge you seek then you will more than definitely get you'll fill here. Elites were always my favorite, especially in Halo 1. The plasma rifle is a weapon I'd definitely like to make at some point.

First Name: Shadow

Profession? Student?: Student at the moment, planning in 2 years joinning the military.

Favorite Hobby: Airsoft.

Favorite part of Halo: "Tell that to the covenant".

Favorite Halo: Halo Reach.

Favorite Video Game: Titanfall 2.

Other Interests: Music, MegaConstrux Halo MOC, Lego Star Wars MOC.

Favorite Food: Spanish food principally, but anything that comes in my way.

Favorite Band: Linkin Park, Hollywood Undead, Sabaton.

Favorite Movie(s): American Sniper, Rust.

What do you hope to learn here?: How to improve my costumes on details, and more part of the Halo lore.

Have you built/made a costume before?: A Phase II Clone Trooper Armor.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No.

Other:

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back