Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

Welcome to the 405th Pug, we can not wait to see what project you start with. Remember if you get stuck reach out and some one will try to help you. We don't know everything but there is a lot of knowledge on here, so again welcome aboard.

First Name: Dave aka Harpoon
Profession? Student?: Retired Veteran USN
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and models mostly RC Airplanes and cars
Favorite part of Halo: Master Chief
Favorite Halo: Master Chief
Favorite Video Game: World of Warcraft
Other Interests: creating a new halo look directed toward Navy Mariners
Favorite Food: Cheeseburger Fries and Coke
Favorite Band: 3 Doors Down
Favorite Movie(s): Deadpool & Wolverine
What do you hope to learn here?: basic foam productions, techniques adding props to suits
Have you built/made a costume before?: Nope this is my first
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: This is my first
Other: Hope to hear from people I also use discord leave me a contact or message and ill stop in

First Name: Kyle
Profession? Student?: I am a certified police officer
Favorite Hobby: video games
Favorite part of Halo: the books (contact harvest is my favorite) mainly because it really expands on the characters.
Favorite Halo: halo ODST for the story, halo 3 for the multiplayer
Favorite Video Game: halo
Other Interests: working out, shooting, etc.
Favorite Food: sushi
Favorite Band: dancw gavin dance
Favorite Movie(s): army of darkness, Austin powers, spaceballs.
What do you hope to learn here?: how to make a halo odst costume, and cosplay at events
Have you built/made a costume before?: I have not
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I do not
Other:

First Name: Kyle
Profession? Student?: I am a certified police officer
Favorite Hobby: video games
Favorite part of Halo: the books (contact harvest is my favorite) mainly because it really expands on the characters.
Favorite Halo: halo ODST for the story, halo 3 for the multiplayer
Favorite Video Game: halo
Other Interests: working out, shooting, etc.
Favorite Food: sushi
Favorite Band: dancw gavin dance
Favorite Movie(s): army of darkness, Austin powers, spaceballs.
What do you hope to learn here?: how to make a halo odst costume, and cosplay at events
Have you built/made a costume before?: I have not
Other:
Welcome Kyle, to the 405th I hope you enjoy your time here. Can't wait to see what your first project.

First Name: Katy and kteepi pretty much anywhere online.
I’m a student currently
Favorite Hobby: Gaming and Art
Favorite part of Halo: oh boy there’s a lot. I’m a sucker for good music and stories. Love the books, love the games, love all of it …(but I’m not a liar I did not like the show that paramount made)
Favorite Halo: All of the games buuut, this might be controversial, I really enjoyed 5. Good music and I liked all the other characters that were shown in game and able to be played.
Favorite Video Game: Mass Effect Trilogy
Other Interests: I’m really into learning about space. I like reading about it and going outside with a telescope and looking at the stars. A good day for me is when it’s over quick and there are no clouds outside for stargazing.
Favorite Food: tiramisu
Favorite Band: Carvan Palace. (Favorite song is Plume)
Favorite Movie(s): I’ll do my top five:
  1. Interstellar
  2. The iron giant
  3. Starship Troopers
  4. The road to ElDorado
  5. La La land
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn the basics. I really want to find more info on how to build properly and how to paint to make my armor look flawless.
Have you built/made a costume before?: I’m currently working on a few projects. I 3D print.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: none lol. I’m relatively new to this.
Other: I am very much a cat person. I love transformers(especially G1 and comics). I’m very into Destiny and will be a Titan main forever. Obviously I love Halo but I also love RvB (rip rooster teeth). I’m very friendly online but very anxious irl.

First Name: Katy and kteepi pretty much anywhere online.
I’m a student currently
Favorite Hobby: Gaming and Art
Favorite part of Halo: oh boy there’s a lot. I’m a sucker for good music and stories. Love the books, love the games, love all of it …(but I’m not a liar I did not like the show that paramount made)
Favorite Halo: All of the games buuut, this might be controversial, I really enjoyed 5. Good music and I liked all the other characters that were shown in game and able to be played.
Favorite Video Game: Mass Effect Trilogy
Other Interests: I’m really into learning about space. I like reading about it and going outside with a telescope and looking at the stars. A good day for me is when it’s over quick and there are no clouds outside for stargazing.
Favorite Food: tiramisu
Favorite Band: Carvan Palace. (Favorite song is Plume)
Favorite Movie(s): I’ll do my top five:
  1. Interstellar
  2. The iron giant
  3. Starship Troopers
  4. The road to ElDorado
  5. La La land
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn the basics. I really want to find more info on how to build properly and how to paint to make my armor look flawless.
Have you built/made a costume before?: I’m currently working on a few projects. I 3D print.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: none lol. I’m relatively new to this.
Other: I am very much a cat person. I love transformers(especially G1 and comics). I’m very into Destiny and will be a Titan main forever. Obviously I love Halo but I also love RvB (rip rooster teeth). I’m very friendly online but very anxious irl.
Welcome Katy to the 405th we are glad to see y'all here and can't wait to see what your first build is. Give a shot if you have questions or get stuck

I am hoping this is allowed but seeing that I haven't been very active I would like to reintroduce myself. If not allowed I completely understand. Mods if necessary please delete and give me a slap on the wrist.

First Name: Garrett
Profession? Student?: Social Work
Favorite Hobby: Hanging out with my Wife

Favorite part of Halo: Ever since I have started playing halo I have enjoyed the art design of halo (Preferably 1-Reach, some Infinite). I loved the combination of Sci-fi and incorporation of modern day designs. Plus who doesn't love some form of power armor and being superhuman??
Favorite Halo: Reach. It had, IMO, the best weapon designs, best armor designs and customization, forge in reach was so much fun, the story was
fantastic (Halo 3 story was the best hands down though).

Favorite Video Game: Halo Reach, Skyrim, GTA

Other Interests: Really enjoy playing TTRPG's and other table top games! You might find me working a Con in the Midwest as well!

Favorite Food: I am a sucker for a good ol' cheeseburger and fries

Favorite Band: favorite band is tough genre is more my flavor. Still into pop-punk from the late 90's and early 2000's so things such as Blink-182, Sum 41, Simple Plan, Etc.

Favorite Movie(s): Ready Player One, has taken this spot for me. I really enjoyed all the pop culture references. I also enjoy a lot of Tom Hanks movies.

What do you hope to learn here?: My goal is to Learn from others in how they have gone about developing/creating their cosplay. I would also enjoy getting to know more members of my regiment and being able to create a community around going to conventions and also creating friendships with local members but also across the platform as whole as well. I am also hoping to learn more about how to work with the 3D modeling tools to help give back to a community that has been helping everyone for decades.

Have you built/made a costume before?: I have attempted to make to make an ODST cosplay before several times. I was using the pepakura method. I did not complete them as pepakura is a pain to do especially with the time commitment. I went through college not getting it done. I now have found a method that I really enjoy and doesn't require the same commitment, 3D printing! What a blessing haha solid prints that can be ready to go for finishing and the only thing I have to do is wait.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No, (maybe the RPF? Its been awhile LOL)

Other: A bit about me and the reasoning for this post. I have been a long time Lurker and I mean LONG time. I remember checking out the forums back somewhere in 2012-2014 just researching the methods to make an awesome cosplay. I finally committed to at least a profile in 2020 but then fell off cause of school and life. I want to get back in touch with a great community while also showcasing what I have learned from you all!

First Name: Gabriel
Profession: Security Guard, Part-time Reservist (Just joined)
Student: Crime and Intelligence Analysis (Seneca)
Favorite Hobby: Video games/Muay Thai
Favorite part of Halo: ODST's
Favorite Halo: Halo reach
Favorite Video Game: Elden ring, Baldurs Gate 3, CSGO/CS2, Halo Reach
Other Interests: Rock climbing/Bouldering, weightlifting, Airsoft, D&D
Favorite Food: Overall any BBQ meat
Favorite Band: MF DOOM
Favorite Movie(s): Interstellar, LOTR
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn about how to improve my armor build, and the friends I meet along the way
Have you built/made a costume before?: I debut my first build at Fan expo Toronto 2024
Other: I look forward to meeting cool people who are interested in the same things I am into

(In the pic, I'm in yellow)

Attachments

• IMG_9125.jpg
    IMG_9125.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 20
First Name: Matt
Profession? Student?: Property Manager / General Contractor
Favorite Hobby: Cooking / Gaming
Favorite part of Halo: The Nostalgia
Favorite Halo: Installation 04
Favorite Video Game: Reach
Other Interests: Avid enjoyer of Rocketry
Favorite Food: Taco Bell Chili Cheese fries.
Favorite Band: Black Sabbath / Ozzy
Favorite Movie(s): Shawshank Redemption
What do you hope to learn here?: General Knowledge towards working on my outfit.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Hyper-Core Networks, Gaming / Server Hosting community established in 1991.
Other: I'm a potty mouth. :)

I am hoping this is allowed but seeing that I haven't been very active I would like to reintroduce myself. If not allowed I completely understand. Mods if necessary please delete and give me a slap on the wrist.

First Name: Garrett
Profession? Student?: Social Work
Favorite Hobby: Hanging out with my Wife

Favorite part of Halo: Ever since I have started playing halo I have enjoyed the art design of halo (Preferably 1-Reach, some Infinite). I loved the combination of Sci-fi and incorporation of modern day designs. Plus who doesn't love some form of power armor and being superhuman??
Favorite Halo: Reach. It had, IMO, the best weapon designs, best armor designs and customization, forge in reach was so much fun, the story was
fantastic (Halo 3 story was the best hands down though).

Favorite Video Game: Halo Reach, Skyrim, GTA

Other Interests: Really enjoy playing TTRPG's and other table top games! You might find me working a Con in the Midwest as well!

Favorite Food: I am a sucker for a good ol' cheeseburger and fries

Favorite Band: favorite band is tough genre is more my flavor. Still into pop-punk from the late 90's and early 2000's so things such as Blink-182, Sum 41, Simple Plan, Etc.

Favorite Movie(s): Ready Player One, has taken this spot for me. I really enjoyed all the pop culture references. I also enjoy a lot of Tom Hanks movies.

What do you hope to learn here?: My goal is to Learn from others in how they have gone about developing/creating their cosplay. I would also enjoy getting to know more members of my regiment and being able to create a community around going to conventions and also creating friendships with local members but also across the platform as whole as well. I am also hoping to learn more about how to work with the 3D modeling tools to help give back to a community that has been helping everyone for decades.

Have you built/made a costume before?: I have attempted to make to make an ODST cosplay before several times. I was using the pepakura method. I did not complete them as pepakura is a pain to do especially with the time commitment. I went through college not getting it done. I now have found a method that I really enjoy and doesn't require the same commitment, 3D printing! What a blessing haha solid prints that can be ready to go for finishing and the only thing I have to do is wait.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No, (maybe the RPF? Its been awhile LOL)

Other: A bit about me and the reasoning for this post. I have been a long time Lurker and I mean LONG time. I remember checking out the forums back somewhere in 2012-2014 just researching the methods to make an awesome cosplay. I finally committed to at least a profile in 2020 but then fell off cause of school and life. I want to get back in touch with a great community while also showcasing what I have learned from you all!
Hey man! Don't worry about re-introducing if you've spent a lot of time away, it's absolutely fine!

I really resonate with your "discovery" of 3D printing for cosplay, god knows that I wouldn't have the time to complete anything without it :lol:

I"m excited to see what you'll bring to the table regarding cosplay and knowledge man, best of luck on your projects!
Also if you have any questions feel free to open a thread or send a PM (y)

First Name: Gabriel
Profession: Security Guard, Part-time Reservist (Just joined)
Student: Crime and Intelligence Analysis (Seneca)
Favorite Hobby: Video games/Muay Thai
Favorite part of Halo: ODST's
Favorite Halo: Halo reach
Favorite Video Game: Elden ring, Baldurs Gate 3, CSGO/CS2, Halo Reach
Other Interests: Rock climbing/Bouldering, weightlifting, Airsoft, D&D
Favorite Food: Overall any BBQ meat
Favorite Band: MF DOOM
Favorite Movie(s): Interstellar, LOTR
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn about how to improve my armor build, and the friends I meet along the way
Have you built/made a costume before?: I debut my first build at Fan expo Toronto 2024
Other: I look forward to meeting cool people who are interested in the same things I am into

(In the pic, I'm in yellow)
Hey Gabriel, welcome to the 405th!

I see you already have a fantastic ODST cosplay, you should definitely consider going for deployment when you're eligible to.
You'll make friends super quick here, the 405th is honestly one of the friendliest groups of people that I've met, I'm very proud to call myself a member as I'm sure you will be too!

If there's anything unclear or you need help with, open a thread in the relevant section or send a PM if you'd like (y)
Anyway, enjoy your time in the 405th!

First Name: Matt
Profession? Student?: Property Manager / General Contractor
Favorite Hobby: Cooking / Gaming
Favorite part of Halo: The Nostalgia
Favorite Halo: Installation 04
Favorite Video Game: Reach
Other Interests: Avid enjoyer of Rocketry
Favorite Food: Taco Bell Chili Cheese fries.
Favorite Band: Black Sabbath / Ozzy
Favorite Movie(s): Shawshank Redemption
What do you hope to learn here?: General Knowledge towards working on my outfit.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Hyper-Core Networks, Gaming / Server Hosting community established in 1991.
Other: I'm a potty mouth. :)
Welcome to the forums Matt!

A Shawshank Redemption fan? I'm actually studying that for my final year of school xD, definitely a great movie.
I see that you've made a costume before, if you have any pictures you should definitely send them into the gallery. We'd all be very curious to see what you've made!

Ideally keep swearing to a minimum here re the Mantle, there are as young as 13 year olds here. I'm sure it won't be a problem (y)

If you're having trouble finding anything, open a thread or send over a DM and we'll get you sorted out!

Name: My name is Cassandra or Cassie, but more often than not I prefer to go by Nevada online.
Profession? Student?: Currently not really either, albeit I’m debating between being a Lineman or Electrician.
Favorite Hobby: World Building/Character Creation and Gaming
Favorite part of Halo: Honestly gotta be the friends I’ve made through the halo community.
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach
Favorite Video Game: The Masterchief Collection and the Mass Effect Trilogy
Other Interests: My other interests currently involve art, writing, and getting into cosplay finally.
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Band: AC/DC
Favorite Movie(s): Lilo & Stitch and Tron: Legacy
What do you hope to learn here?: I’m hoping to learn the ins and outs of how to create various things from the halo franchise. The endgame with it is to eventually have armor sets of my Spartan and ODST characters that I can do cosplay/con shenanigans with.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope! This is actually the first ever community I’m hoping to properly join.
Other: I’ve grown up with halo for majority of my life, some of my core memories involving playing Halo CE with my dad. I have one cat whose name is shadow. I love reading, gaming, writing, drawing (still learning), world building/character creation stuff, and a whole lot of other things! I also currently live in Washington state, but hoping to eventually move to Canada to live with my bf.

Name: My name is Cassandra or Cassie, but more often than not I prefer to go by Nevada online.
Profession? Student?: Currently not really either, albeit I’m debating between being a Lineman or Electrician.
Favorite part of Halo: Honestly gotta be the friends I’ve made through the halo community.
Other Interests: My other interests currently involve art, writing, and getting into cosplay finally.
What do you hope to learn here?: I’m hoping to learn the ins and outs of how to create various things from the halo franchise. The endgame with it is to eventually have armor sets of my Spartan and ODST characters that I can do cosplay/con shenanigans with.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope! This is actually the first ever community I’m hoping to properly join.
Other: I’ve grown up with halo for majority of my life, some of my core memories involving playing Halo CE with my dad. I have one cat whose name is shadow. I love reading, gaming, writing, drawing (still learning), world building/character creation stuff, and a whole lot of other things! I also currently live in Washington state, but hoping to eventually move to Canada to live with my bf.
Welcome to the 405th Nevada, i hope you get to do all those armor builds and hopefully you will share your build with us. we love to see what people build and the colors they use so are really pro grade and some are wip i was a wip on here and i am still learning tips and tricks. we hope to see you at some of the cons. also i like you are not afraid to become a lineman or electrician those jobs are very good line of work everyone needs electric.
if you get stuck or need to bounce something off someone get a post on your ideas and we will help you get in the right direction

see ya around the ring or maybe just a con again welcome

Welcome to the party, hope you enjoy it ;)

First Name: Kirby
Profession: Retail
Favorite Hobby: 3d printing
Favorite part of Halo: Armour / Lore
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 ODST
Favorite Video Game: Rimworld
Other Interests: 3d printing
Favorite Food: Chicken
Favorite Band: Tool
Favorite Movie(s): No country For Old Men, Full Metal Jacket
What do you hope to learn here?: Armour painting and weathering techniques
Have you built/made a costume before?: Currently working on my ODST cosplay
Do you belong to any other costume communities? N/A

Last edited:
Ahoy! I'm new here :)

First Name: Cayla
Profession? Student?: I work in manufacturing
Favorite Hobby: Gaming
Favorite part of Halo: The story + Lore
Favorite Halo: Halo 3: ODST or Halo: The Fall of Reach (book)
Favorite Video Game: Skyrim
Other Interests: Larp, Gym, 40k
Favorite Food: Mango
Favorite Band: Metallica
Favorite Movie(s): The Fellowship of the ring
What do you hope to learn here?: Tips with building cosplays
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No
Other:

I've been here almost a year; it must be time for an intro post, lol.

First Name: Karen
Profession?: Payroll analyst
Favorite Hobby: Writing
Favorite Video Game: Borderlands 2
Other Interests: Sewing, cosplay
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yep! I've been cosplaying for years now and have made quite a few costumes (my favourite being Dark Helmet from Spaceballs), but nothing like full armour.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: 501st
Other: I was really hoping to make foam armour as my fall/winter project last year but it just never happened. Hopefully life will be calmer this year (though I have a con next weekend so nothing will happen for a bit yet, and then I need to get my spare room cleaned out to become a sewing/cosplay space!).

I've lost a bit of my creative cosplay spark since the pandemic so maybe this will kickstart me into actually creating new costumes instead of just fun nerdy clothes. Don't get me wrong; I love my nerdy clothes but I really miss making and wearing new costumes!

My last fun thing I made was a Halo-inspired circle skirt to wear to Toronto FanExpo last weekend. I made a felt applique of Master Chief's helmet, and included a (removable, magnetic, light up) plasma grenade and it's honestly so fun. I had a great time hanging out with 405th members at the con and next year I would really like to have my own armour to wear!

Attachments

• 2024-07-15 00.57.08.jpg
    2024-07-15 00.57.08.jpg
    910.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 2024-08-24 17.32.53.jpg
    2024-08-24 17.32.53.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 14
First Name: Connor
Profession: Retail
Favorite Hobby: 3d printing
Favorite part of Halo: Armour / Lore
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 ODST
Favorite Video Game: Rimworld
Other Interests: 3d printing
Favorite Food: Chicken
Favorite Band: Tool
Favorite Movie(s): No country For Old Men, Full Metal Jacket
What do you hope to learn here?: Armour painting and weathering techniques
Have you built/made a costume before?: Currently working on my ODST cosplay
Do you belong to any other costume communities? N/A
Hell yea! Great films, welcome to the family :) Hope you enjoy your time with us

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back