My first armor: master chief mark VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Visor installed! now I have to "paint" it

Visiera_installata_18Settembre2016 (3).JPG
Visiera_installata_18Settembre2016 (5).JPG
Visiera_installata_18Settembre2016 (8).JPG
Visiera_installata_18Settembre2016 (13).JPG

...it fits also my mum's head (ps: the middle finger is for me ;) )
Visiera_installata_18Settembre2016 (9).JPG

actually, if you guys can suggest to me a link where I can buy an adhesive film to put on my visor, I thank you in advance ;)....

Hi guys, I'm struggling to find a way to make my visor like the one of the master chief. I'm looking for a transparent film right now....any advice? Thanks!!!

Almost there...but I have to get rid of this ****#*#*#*$*@*#*$*#* bubbles ;)

View attachment 32360

Wish I had seen your post sooner... I might still be able to help. Some of those films will come right off if you can get water inbetween the film and the plastic. And if you have more film to do another go try this: Use a credit card to apply it. I don't know if your credit cards are the same as mine, but if they are plastic then you should be able to use them like a scraper without marring the film. Clean the plastic then, Evenly mist the sticky side of the film with soapy water (98% Water, 2% dish soap). Lay the film over your plastic gently. Then use a credit card like a scraper, smoothing out the film. You can press super hard and it should not scratch it. You can even use the corner of the card to get those really hard to move bubbles, but for the most part just use the long or short edge.

As for the suit... It is turning out fantastic! Congrats on the paint job. Are you planning to do any weathering or damage?

Thanks Pernicious! I've tried to put some water betweem the film and the plastic and the result wasn't good. But I didn't try to mix it with soap and I have not used the credit card...I'll do it as you suggest!
Now I'll add some shadow effect between borders and then some scratches

Oh sounds great! I'm looking forward to seeing more paint. I think the scratches really help convey the metal look. You are an inspiration. Best of luck in the final stages.

I think I'll do it but just for some scratch and battle damage with silver...

This is the idea, even if my helmet is not an 100% accurate replica of the real one...

besides, while it looks to me that while wheatering may simulate real effects (shadows and dirt), dry-brushing with bright colors is quite unreal..

Yeah, most people go way overboard with dry-brushing, or really any silver weathering for that matter. Personally, I like to keep it more subtle, and only in logical areas.

Forearms, biceps, shoulders plates, and butt plate with weathering and scratches
Scratches_January132017 (6).JPG
Scratches_January132017 (8).JPG
Scratches_January132017 (10).JPG

Scratches_January132017 (5).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back